[tinythread] runescape's player base is dying and they want it to die.

Author Topic: [tinythread] runescape's player base is dying and they want it to die.  (Read 1918 times)

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/985hs4/jagex_should_really_remove_these_dead_servers/

Runescape has a stuffload of dead ass servers like these and instead of removing them to make the popular servers bigger and have a much healthier playerbase.

The people refuse the idea of less servers because they want to be able to join a 10 person server and grind skills without people hogging up their training spot.

I thought this was a MMO not a singleplayer game.

The more servers you have the more split the player pool is and now you have a bunch of empty servers and these selfish people want the servers empty because they don't want to share monsters.

It just boggles my mind that jagex is listening to these people. Multiple servers are dead, the wilderness is a joke now.

The entire point of the wilderness was to be scared it's a free for all brawl. But now if someone needs something from the wilderness they join a dead server. Why? It defeats the purpose of the wilderness. It's like playing dark souls without multiplayer, no point.

l- long live osrs...
*cough cough*

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:58:07 PM by portify »

that sounds awfully familiar

:thinking:

First of all, source?

Second of all a server with 1,000 people out of 2,000 is very pathetic.

They should remove all the servers that get less than 300 players and then the servers would start getting more populated.

it's a really weird relic of what i assume sounded like a good idea at the time, letting servers havin specific topics so people can more effectively gather together with limited server space. i can only assume they just didn't have the ability to make a smaller number of large servers in different regions or smth, but i think it's dated now. the game feels really desolate when there aren't a lot of people around, would be cool if they decided to switch to a more modern setup

Well minigames in general should operate under one server and when you are on world 62 and try to join a minigame it automatically moves you to a private minigame world that can only be available through the minigame instance.

:thinking:

This looks heavily out of date by the way, some of these servers don't even exist anymore.

Only 2 servers on peak hours get 1,000 players a day.

They rest are under 1000.

Show me some loving up to date servers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:33:54 PM by King Tøny »

its osrs, thought it was common knowledge rs3 is dead

RS3 is dead because the fans demand these small ass tiny servers.

They have a server dedicated to quick chat as in normal chat is disabled and everyone talks like they use tf2 speech options.

Heck, Their main game having less than 1k people is really bad. Yet they still add a loving Battle Pass clone.
The game is already pay to win with buyable XPs so why kill your community even further?

oldschool.runescape.com

First of all, source?

Second of all a server with 1,000 people out of 2,000 is very pathetic.

They should remove all the servers that get less than 300 players and then the servers would start getting more populated.

This looks heavily out of date by the way, some of these servers don't even exist anymore.

Only 2 servers on peak hours get 1,000 players a day.

They rest are under 1000.

Show me some loving up to date servers.

I took that screenshot in-game a minute before posting it

this loving thread again?