Author Topic: is it normal to hate your minimum wage job  (Read 4738 times)

i really hated my first job because minimum wage was about $6.55

where the forget do you brothers live where the minimum wage is $6 holy loving stuff its $13.50 in NY and its going up to $15 on january first

my minimum wage job was fun as forget. i worked in a warehouse which basically hired anybody and we just assembled stuff for these two different companies which had factories all over town. one of the things we did was just fold these boxes together which were spacers for whatever these factories were making. i'd fold like 1000 of these boxes a day (if we were assigned to do that. there was other work i did too). usually that was the work our managers made us do if we already did the other orders we we're supposed to get done with early. so id just stack these boxes in like castle shapes and stuff and they didnt care.

where the forget do you brothers live where the minimum wage is $6 holy loving stuff its $13.50 in NY and its going up to $15 on january first
not new york

because the price of living in new york is ridiculous

i really hated my first job because minimum wage was about $6.55

But federal minimum is 7.25, your employer was breaking the law

But federal minimum is 7.25, your employer was breaking the law
take into account that my first job was like 10 years ago

take into account that my first job was like 10 years ago
when you were 10?

when you were 10?
my first job was when i was 13, so 7-8 years ago. i was working without a work permit because of my age and was being paid by a family friend. when i turned 14, i got a work permit and was put on the clock

If you get a good job its very hard to go back to a min wage job.
I was in between real jobs about a year back and couldnt stand working at a part time job so much I opted to burn my savings instead.

So yeah forget part time/min wage jobs.

i pretty much wanted to kill myself for $8 an hour for my job, thankfully i have a reason to leave since i'm moving again

my first job was a bakery and i loved it. 2nd was a teriyaki place and i hated that stuff bc the cooks barely spoke english. 3rd was a place where i captioned things for deaf people which was super easy but INCREDIBLY boring, decent pay for how easy it was tho
now i think ima be working an armed security job. should be fun

Minimum wage jobs are practically slave labor.

Impossible to even live off of.

Minimum wage was suppose to be the minimum amount of money required to live on your own.

The price of living is way higher than minimum wage.

Which makes minimum wage basically a slave labor job and some people are actually forced into it.

The absolute worst thing you can possible do is loving take benefits like health care/ dental, etc from a minimum wage job.

You are loving screwed if you want to get a better job and you'll lose all your benefits which makes it hard to quit.

Also if you're on welfare and on minimum wage it's also near impossible to get off welfare and find a better job.

If you barely get by on minimum wage and welfare and then you get a job that pays like 2 dollars more, your welfare may get taken away because you now make too much money. And then you won't be able to afford your apartment because your welfare was helping for like 70% of it. So you'll have to go back to your minimum wage job and reapply for welfare again because you can't afford your apartment.