How much would it cost to buy the rights to Blockland?

Author Topic: How much would it cost to buy the rights to Blockland?  (Read 2903 times)

If blockland made badspot 2.7 million he would have upgraded the forum a long time ago before the DDoS.
this is 2.7 million over the span of 11 years.

100 1 cent hookers

or 1 $1 hooker

100 1 cent hookers

or 1 $1 hooker
the answer is C: 0.1 alts

like 50,000 dollars probably. it generated well over 3 million in revenue but the costs of development and hosting the site bring that down to 2.7 million, and the fact that it has no potential to expand and isn't popular at all means it's worth very little, maybe even less than 50,000
how did you find that out?

I'm pretty I remember that badspot has (privately) answered this question.
Anyone know what he said?

how did you find that out?
200,000 keys approx (give or take 10-30k) and averaging $10 per key (keys prior to steam were $20 which would make up for mass sales for $5 during steam sales) means lowball estimate is $2 million

that said, not all went to badspot, and even then as someone else said its over 11 years, which rounds out to $200k per year on average in revenue. probably on avg 40% went to badspot (steam iirc is 30% revenue to developer, but not sure; amazon not much better either) and thats like $100k a year at best

If blockland made badspot 2.7 million he would have upgraded the forum a long time ago before the DDoS.
No he wouldn't have. Not after all the hookers and beers.

If you were to buy it we would be in a more forgeted situation than we already are

I don't think the rights are even worth money. Like who in their right mind would buy the rights to blockland? Even for a couple thousand it still be a huge net loss and you'd end up walking away with maybe 25% of what you paid for after a year

all the vbucks you can afford from your mom's credit card

If you were to buy it we would be in a more forgeted situation than we already are
it would take someone who could consistently keep up with it and someone who could advertise worth a stuff
edit: forget me i didnt pay attention to how old this topic is