Fog for people without shaders?

Author Topic: Fog for people without shaders?  (Read 1291 times)

I'm trying to make a foggy map but there is an issue I'm having.

People with shaders off entirely cannot view fog. So I tried to fix this by spamming fog emitters, which worked until i found out that you can also get around this by setting particles to their worst setting.

So no matter what higher end PCs are at a disadvantage in a fog map when compared to people turning down their settings.

Is there a way to get around this? I use to remember before shaders anyone can have fog. Or is there a trick with emitters I can do to make the fog thick even with the settings to their worst setting?

With the last image you'll see that you'll have a clear advantage with everything at worst settings possible.

Not possible without dll

So what is the issue then?
there is no issue. No fog on shaders off is intentionally hardcoded into the game. You cannot change this without injecting a dll

You cannot change this without injecting a dll

Is that possible? I'm not familiar with dll.

Is there anything else I can do then maybe like lights or emitters or something?

So with water bricks when underwater the entire screen is covered in the color you select for the brick.

I can do that and remove the water properties so you do not swim through it.

Unless there is something easier like an event that just whitens the entire screen.

This is what it looks like underwater, I can work with this.

Unless there is an easier way you can think of to cover the entire screen white.

I'm looking into the water brick code.

I'm not seeing a way how I can remove the water physics while having it still classified as a "Water" brick.

Cannot set water density.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:49:27 PM by King Tøny »