Blocko Santos - The map that was never finished

Author Topic: Blocko Santos - The map that was never finished  (Read 1960 times)

Hey all,

Back in 2011 before the terrains and interiors were removed I can still remember how GTT Viano City turned out well by the community. Because of the success the development of Blocko Santos began in December 2011, it was based on Los Santos from GTA San Andreas.

The roads and terrain were almost finished, the progress on the buildings started immediately. After I took a break, Kompressor then announced the removal of terrains and interiors in February 2012. The development of Blocko Santos was halted. After months of inactivity, version 21 was released. In 2013 plans were risen again to finish this city map for Blockland version 16. Not long after that, the external hard disk was crashed, carrying the entire Blocko Santos development and it's 3d model files. The development was immediately stopped and the remaining files that existed in Blockland were achieved.

Years later I want to share you how big this project was going to be. If it was finished, GSF San Andreas fans would have moved over to this map. It was going to replicate A LOT of stuff from GTA San Andreas in to this map. Groove Street, Verdant Bluffs, LS East-side ghetto's, Big Smoke's house, eastereggs, etc. It's such painful to see this map empty, unable to continue the progress.

Video!

The adventure continues!
Anyone who thought that the map development for me was over, it is still going on. The latest project is Peek City Stories, slightly based on United States of Peekarica savebuild with it's own theme and culture. This map will work with B4v21 clients and Blockland Classic Mod.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:06:24 AM by Antares »

why do people keep leaking brickadia

damn this video brings me back. do you remember how you got those underground tunnels? I never knew a way to "hollow out" terrain like that.

damn this video brings me back. do you remember how you got those underground tunnels? I never knew a way to "hollow out" terrain like that.
The bedroom terrain was kinda glitched so I made the terrain in Torque Game Engine 1.5.2 and exported it into Blockland.
The tool to dig a hole in the terrain can be found in Terrain Editor, "Set Empty".

used to have an ls map on a HP mini i used to play on pre v21
i found the hard drive the other day
i wonder if theres a way to make it work

used to have an ls map on a HP mini i used to play on pre v21
i found the hard drive the other day
i wonder if theres a way to make it work

get v20