good mechanical keyboards?

Author Topic: good mechanical keyboards?  (Read 667 times)

tony's thread reminded me i really need a new keyboard, preferably mechanical. any cheap suggestions?

no electric keyboards, eh? I'd go with my personal favorite, an 1857 yamaha black river grand daddy piano

corsair k70 dont buy stuffty mech keyboards

Cooler Master CM Storm, is on the less expensive end without being cheap, comes in variants with and without numpad and has several different switches to choose from.

It's been a while since I looked at keyboards, but they were pretty popular a few years ago and it's not keyboard tech has changed much.

If you wanna do your own research: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki

instead of a hydraulic keyboard? those perform better in bad weather if you like that

The IBM Model M.

Other than that, almost anything with MX blues is pretty good. Although, if you want less noise, you could go reds or browns.

You could also get a keyswitch sampler, and see what feel you prefer. It honestly comes down to preference.

The IBM Model M.
If you're doing anything other than productivity, this is a horrible "budget" choice.

I would suggest that, if you want a quality keyboard, you should save up and buy a good mechanical keyboard, as they should last and have decent quality.