Author Topic: EU vote approves article 11 and 13 (the meme thing)  (Read 1582 times)

Sounds great to me glhf italy

Aren't these the bills that basically protect content creators from having their content reposted and used without their permission? Have you seen those websites that repost videos and get 50x more views than the original video is getting? I'm pretty sure these articles will stop that for eu people
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:55:04 PM by PhantOS »

Aren't these the bills that basically protect content creators from having their content reposted and used without their permission? Have you seen those websites that repost videos and get 50x more views than the original video is getting? I'm pretty sure these articles will stop that for eu people

if this is the case then I'm slowly becoming in favor of these bills

if this is the case then I'm slowly becoming in favor of these bills
how is it not the case? that's the intention of the bill and all parts of it check out to stop the above from happening

how is it not the case? that's the intention of the bill and all parts of it check out to stop the above from happening
as far as i can tell that is what article 11 does. however it seems to be so specific that people claim you cant even share news/journalist articles on your own feed without having permission from who wrote the article to share it. apparently even memes and other user created imagery will require permission. it does "protect" users, but it appears to be very easily exploitable

article 13 appears to be the one most people are uncomfortable with because its what dictates what you can and cant upload to large sites like facebook and youtube, and since theres no possible way for a person to actually monitor what all gets uploaded to these sites, they are employing algorithms that many are uncomfortable with, as evidenced by seemingly harmless youtube videos getting demonitized for little to nothing because youtubes algorithm is very hit and miss. getting demonetized is one thing but hindering your ability to upload anything in the first place is something a lot of people are uncomfortable with

they're also employing fines for websites, no matter how big or small, for having whats labeled as "terrorist content" on your website. (which is very vague because i still dont actually know what that means or what is considered as terrorist content). you have a one hour window to take down whatever is labeled as such before getting hit with fines and other fees

i don't know what the actual articles say completelyy yet, but people are hella up in arms about it
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:17:54 PM by mod-man »

Just when you thought the Strasburgians couldn't get any dumber.