[NEWS] Lootbox outlawed in Belguim, EA tries to fight against

Author Topic: [NEWS] Lootbox outlawed in Belguim, EA tries to fight against  (Read 575 times)

https://youtu.be/kYTV0otKjAQ
I really hope they go to jail for this bullstuff

good, lootboxes are loving bullstuff.

misleading title: the law has been out for a while now and in more countries than belgium. the government of Belgium has started a case investigation against EA because EA thinks their lootboxes do not fall under the law.

im oblihated by law to say that i enjoy lootboxes

Im not in EA's favor, lootboxes are bad, but tbh, they could get away with this

ESRB doesn't consider lootboxes as gambling, EA could use this in their favor, Im not sure how, I have no idea how legal system works
I also think UK gambling comission doesn't consider lootboxes as a real gambling, in the sense that players can't get profit from them

“While there’s an element of chance in these mechanics, the player is always guaranteed to receive in-game content (even if the player unfortunately receives something they don’t want). We think of it as a similar principle to collectible card games: Sometimes you’ll open a pack and get a brand new holographic card you’ve had your eye on for a while. But other times you’ll end up with a pack of cards you already have.” -said an ESRB spokesperson in an e-mail to Kotaku.

Just thought this would be interesting facts that EA could take advantage of