dark souls remastered's online is dead after only two months

Author Topic: dark souls remastered's online is dead after only two months  (Read 3337 times)

it's the same game

i'd be interested in seeing what DS1's numbers were at before remastered was announced

I'm not sure but they tanked at dsr's release because they pulled the original game from shelves

I'm not sure but they tanked at dsr's release because they pulled the original game from shelves
yeah, which totally makes sense. it's the same game, so it would be dumb to have a cheaper version of it up to divide the flow of new/returning players in half. also money

i would wana know the numbers before anyone even knew dsr would be a thing tho, cus i still have a sneaking suspicion there are more total dark souls 1 players right now than there were before

yeah, which totally makes sense. it's the same game, so it would be dumb to have a cheaper version of it up to divide the flow of new/returning players in half. also money

i would wana know the numbers before anyone even knew dsr would be a thing tho, cus i still have a sneaking suspicion there are more total dark souls 1 players right now than there were before

when was the first announcement for the game

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/211420,570940,374320#1y

there were about 4k players on ds1 ptd before the announcement
once it was announced the number actually went down and once dsr was released both games experienced a sharp decline in players

both games have about 500 players playing right now

interestingly enough when dsr launched ds3's playerbase went up significantly

yeah, the total playerbase of ds1 has declined by around 1k. maybe that's cus DSR made it so much more expensive to get into the game?

worth noting that prior to DSR's announcement, DS1 had an abnormally high number of players, probably because of the interest in the series drummed up by the closing of demon's souls's servers. after DSR was announced, DS1's popularity seemed mostly the same, maybe a little higher than normal at first

now if only we had stats across all platforms
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:23:55 PM by otto-san »

i think it was a huge mistake to not just give out DSR to PC owners for free, like Bethesda with Skyrim SE.

They should have came out with a demon souls remaster.

They should have came out with a demon souls remaster.
now this i can agree with