Brett Kavanaugh confirmed for Supreme Court | Was Kavanaugh Guilty? [Poll]

Poll

Is Kavanaugh Guilty?

Yes
41 (46.1%)
No
48 (53.9%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed for Supreme Court | Was Kavanaugh Guilty? [Poll]  (Read 12788 times)

she lied about the polygraph. Her ex-boyfriend coming out and telling the senate under threat of perjury that he witnessed her coaching a friend how to manipulate polygraph tests, that friend now works at the FBI. She has also written and given seminars to CIA interns or recruits that go to Stanford about polygraphs. There was a reason the prosecutor asked that question at the very end and it was the only important question asked of Ford during the hearing. They already knew she did these lectures.

I like how all the evidence is AGAINST her testimony but people still insist the mere fact that Kavanaugh was accused means he's no longer fit for office

It's so illogical, I just don't get it

I think they're talking about his behavior

we falsely accused him of serial violent rape and ruined his reputation and made fun of his family and sent them death threats and he's angry about it. clearly unfit for office

Where did this vacancy come from anyway? I thought the judge that died got replaced when Obama was in office

we falsely accused him of serial violent rape and ruined his reputation and made fun of his family and sent them death threats and he's angry about it. clearly unfit for office
the claim that it's a false accusation isn't proven yet lol

If the accusation is proven fake Dr Ford wlill probably be sued or arrested

If her accusation is fake she should be made an example of. False accusations in an attempt to ruin someone's life is loving disgusting.

If her accusation is fake she should be made an example of. False accusations in an attempt to ruin someone's life is loving disgusting.
[Laughs in rape accusations]

actually nah i was gonna be dismissive but im gonna make a real post now. here's a brain teaser: imagine a world in which kavakljhklh doesn't get appointed as a result of these allegations. the supreme court is still short a seat. the same president is gonna pick a different guy. the next pick is going to have all, or at least many, of the same qualities as kav because that's why kav was selected in the first place. there will be another right wing dude on the supreme court either way, and everyone knows it.

so, knowing that, what motivation does this woman have to lie? what has she to gain except to prevent her rapist from ascending to the most powerful court in the country? furthermore, what purpose do the rest of you guys have in defending kav? are you really enamored by his policy, or are you just defending him because he's on your team and you just don't care?

It's not very often that I see something so entirely sophistic and disingenuous that it prompts me to log in and break a two-month hiatus just to respond to it, but here we are.

actually nah i was gonna be dismissive but im gonna make a real post now.

Great way to start by establishing credibility and maturity. Well done.

here's a brain teaser: imagine a world in which kavakljhklh doesn't get appointed as a result of these allegations.

You're essentially asking us to imagine a world in which the burden of proof in the case of rape accusations falls on the accused to prove their own innocence and not in the accuser to provide some sort of substantial evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the assault in question occurred.

The presumption of innocence is a human right (see: Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights). I would rather not imagine a world in which we return to the barbarism and kangaroo courts of the Salem Witch Trials. Until some sort of credible evidence is levied against him, Kavanaugh is innocent until proven otherwise beyond any reasonable doubt.

At this moment, there is a hell of a lot of reasonable doubt given Ford hasn't produced anything other than an allegation and is riding solely on her own testimony, which is considered the least reliable form of admissible testimony in a court of law, just barely above hearsay which is often barred for its unreliability.

the supreme court is still short a seat. the same president is gonna pick a different guy. the next pick is going to have all, or at least many, of the same qualities as kav because that's why kav was selected in the first place. there will be another right wing dude on the supreme court either way, and everyone knows it.

Kavanaugh is innocent until proven guilty. If unsubstantiated allegations of wrongdoing are allowed to bar him from appointment, that sets an incredibly dangerous precedent. That matters far more than "having another right wing dude on the supreme court."

so, knowing that, what motivation does this woman have to lie? what has she to gain except to prevent her rapist from ascending to the most powerful court in the country?

I don't think that anyone other than Dr. Ford can answer that. What motivation did Crystal Mangum have to lie about three lacrosse players from Duke? What did she have to gain by embroiling herself in an absolute clusterforget of an investigation? Nobody knows for sure. Ford could be seeking attention, or money, or political clout. It's hard to tell until we see how things turn out and how Ford reacts in the coming months.

furthermore, what purpose do the rest of you guys have in defending kav? are you really enamored by his policy, or are you just defending him because he's on your team and you just don't care?
I'm not enamored by his policy nor am I playing sides. I just firmly believe that until any sort of substantial evidence is produced, Kavanaugh is innocent of any wrongdoing in the matter and that his appointment should not be blocked by unsubstantiated allegations nor should he be demonized until we actually figure out whether or not he's done anything wrong.

reputation rape

but as the person on the forums who probably has the most actual legal background, 

I'm interested, what kind of legal background do you have? :o

I just won't rape anyone and I'll be okay, actually.
Eh hem, this is basically:
"You have nothing to worry about if you're innocent."
Damn, where have I heard this before.
try again.
You're just sticking fingers in your ears and screaming "lalalalalalala, I can't hear you." At this point.

the claim that it's a false accusation isn't proven yet lol
This is literally the same asinine logic hyper religious people use to 'debunk atheists'.That's not a claim, that's the default position in logic.

False until proven true.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:58:41 AM by Master Matthew² »