Brett Kavanaugh confirmed for Supreme Court | Was Kavanaugh Guilty? [Poll]

Poll

Is Kavanaugh Guilty?

Yes
41 (46.1%)
No
48 (53.9%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed for Supreme Court | Was Kavanaugh Guilty? [Poll]  (Read 12747 times)

I dont think being a judge is anyone's life goal. It's such a weird and archaic system to how the get picked. It's like wanting to be the Pope as a life goal.
That's not really the point...

and people are callin me disingenuous lmao
If she isnt lying, then she's perpetually drunk. Her claims are inconsistent and vague.

Either way, the idea that someone should lose a job because they "might be a rapist" is insane. The fact you say you agree with that knee-jerk practice doesn't make you disingenuous. Infact it means you're being open about being an emotionally fueled person, which is genuine.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:06:05 PM by Master Matthew² »

Either way, the idea that someone should lose a job because they "might be a rapist" is insane.
I'm not talking about just someone. I'm talking about a supreme court nominee. Is he even going to lose his current job over this? I've seen nothing that would indicate that. Don't make me say the words again.

I'm not talking about just someone. I'm talking about a supreme court nominee. Is he even going to lose his current job over this? I've seen nothing that would indicate that. Don't make me say the words again.
Youre the one who said this should be comparable to a job interview. And I'm not talking about what is, I'm talking about what you're arguing for.

This is literally the same asinine logic hyper religious people use to 'debunk atheists'.That's not a claim, that's the default position in logic.

False until proven true.
no. It's possible until proven true or false. Suspects are suspects, not perpetrators or falsely accused. Someone is only guilty or innocent when it's proven they are and there's no reason for doubt on the verdict.

No one should be exempt from an investigation. Even if theyve been investigated 6 times, it only means that his record was checked, and won't reveal anything about a crime that wasn't reported until recently. Ford should also be investigated because she could easily have a history of deceptive behavior and that would definitely discredit her claims
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:10:15 PM by thegoodperry »

If she isnt lying, then she's perpetually drunk. Her claims are inconsistent and vague.

Either way, the idea that someone should lose a job because they "might be a rapist" is insane. The fact you say you agree with that knee-jerk practice doesn't make you disingenuous. Infact it means you're being open about being an emotionally fueled person, which is genuine.
if someone might be a rapist then they might rape someone at their job. If someone is accused of murder it only makes sense to keep them away from lethal weapon and firearms until their name is cleared. Even if there's a 1% chance of them being a real murderer, that is enough of a probability for any employer to be concerned about, including the government

This whole premature "they innocent cuz I says so" conservitard bullstuff is actually worse than the libtard "they guilty cuz I says so" mantra because the weight of loveual assault is definitely heavier than the weight of lying about loveual assault, and one carries a heavier sentence. You're basically dismissing what could be a more serious crime because you have absolutely no concept of how the legal system works in this country
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:17:01 PM by thegoodperry »

Also it's hilarious how conservatives can justify skipping an investigation on their own whim but then complain that everyone else is "emotionally fueled". Like an official police investigation is the act of impulsive emotional liberals despite the fact that an investigation could just as easily find Dr Ford guilty of lying under oath

Funny how a gang rape is reduced to throwing ice lol

Also it's hilarious how conservatives can justify skipping an investigation on their own whim but then complain that everyone else is "emotionally fueled". Like an official police investigation is the act of impulsive emotional liberals despite the fact that an investigation could just as easily find Dr Ford guilty of lying under oath

she's pretty much already guilty of that but they did perform an FBI investigation and found nothing so your point is moot

the investigation was a joke; it was intentionally hamstrung and left out key witnesses in the case just so republicans could say "ok we did an investigation now let's confirm him"

the investigation was a joke; it was intentionally hamstrung and left out key witnesses in the case

Elaborate

the investigation was a joke; it was intentionally hamstrung and left out key witnesses in the case just so republicans could say "ok we did an investigation now let's confirm him"

what key witnesses? all of them publicly deny it happened

This is literally the same asinine logic hyper religious people use to 'debunk atheists'.That's not a claim, that's the default position in logic.

False until proven true.

i'm late but "false until proven true" is the exact opposite of what our american society is built off of. if an allegation is made against you, you can't just dismiss it because there isn't any evidence to show for it yet, and overriding that would be pretty undemocratic. if you are alleged to have performed something illegal, you're a suspect--not guilty, but definitely not innocent

she's pretty much already guilty of that but they did perform an FBI investigation and found nothing so your point is moot
when did this happen? did it happen before the allegation

FBI investigations are never a joke

I’ve been all for one from the time these alligations came out. Exposes plants for who they are.