Kerumi Valley - v21 STATIC TERRAIN MAP

Author Topic: Kerumi Valley - v21 STATIC TERRAIN MAP  (Read 9072 times)

THIS IS NOT A MODTER MAP!

I've made a functioning static-terrain map for Blockland v21! I've created this map from scratch and painted it with textures from Demian's Ground_Demian pack.

I call it Kerumi Valley, its a walled in map with 2 lakes connected by a small river that runs through some mountainous hills.

It was designed as a map to test the functionality of The Slopes, which I have been working on porting for quite a long time. That, and more maps are coming soon, but for now, feel free to check out this map!

DOWNLOAD:   Map_Kerumi_Valley
(To get the map working, just use it as you would a regular addon! Make sure no other Map Add-ons are running!)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:16:28 AM by speeddog73 »

Known Bugs/Issues
Will be fixed/changed in future maps!

• There are invisible polys prone to raycasting collision that I call "Phantom Polys". The reason I suspect that this happens is because the map's collision wants to use Quads instead of Tris, so the Tris have an opposing Tri at its end to make it a Quad instead. In the future I will make sure to make the maps with Quads instead of Tris, so this doesn't happen.
  • The terrain has mild texture bleed across non-grass textures. This is Blender's doing, but I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. This is possibly caused by anti-brown townyzing, and is easily fixable, I just need to find out how to disable it.
  • The map is finite! It is walled in instead of infinite. As much as I would love to make infinite maps, finite maps are a must as of now until there is a working script for placing looping meshes.
  • This map takes up A LOT of datablocks, and I'm looking for a way to reduce that without modifying polycount. If anybody can figure out a way around this without reducing polycount, please PM me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:50:01 PM by speeddog73 »

The first attempt to bring back terrain?

I guess badspot was wrong about getting terrains to look nice with shaders lol.

I thought this was a loving modter map lol.

Badspot should package this with default blockland, more people would start playing again.

im guessing if you drive into this at a wrong angle you'll fall through the map?

I've made what I believe is the first functioning static-terrain map for Blockland v21!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQiAsJ3fT0

I made a few maps in my day if you need some help. I want to recreate my giant sandbox map at some point.

Man I can't believe badspot said terrains wouldn't look good with shaders lol.

im guessing if you drive into this at a wrong angle you'll fall through the map?
No, this doesn’t use the garbage system_staticmaps, it’s done through Tendon’s Exporter. It’s quality, at the cost of some resources.

Just a followup with the "Phantom Polys" error, to fix it I would have to re-UVMap and repaint the entire map. Give me some time and I will fix this bug.