what is it

Fallout (1997)
0 (0%)
Fallout 2 (1998)
1 (11.1%)
Fallout: New Vegas (2010)
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Best fallout RPG game?  (Read 1057 times)

>a-at least New Vegas was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character patrolled the Mojave, they would address the player with, "almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Obsidian's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Fallout New Vegas by the same Todd Howard. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Fallout at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play the Elder Scrolls." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Fallout" you are, in fact, trained to play the Elder Scrolls.

over exaggeration central

they arent in the poll because tony doesent like them which isnt a very good excuse to not put them in the poll

they arent in the poll because tony doesent like them which isnt a very good excuse to not put them in the poll

They aren't fallout games.

They also aren't RPGs.

>a-at least New Vegas was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character patrolled the Mojave, they would address the player with, "almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."

The game had a limited budget and less than a year to develop.

I believe fallout 3 had about a 4 year development cycle?

At least in New Vegas all the unique named NPCs had unique voices as opposed to Fallout 3 which basically had the same issue with oblivion, spent the entire voice acting budget on one actor who players a character that dies in the second act. Leaving 10 nobody voice actors to voice over 300 loving characters.