Author Topic: My friend got raped and I made it worse  (Read 2771 times)

Youre right tho. But saying that may not be the best approach. Apologize asap and give her some time alone. If she wants to talk she will message you back eventually

/title

I warned her about this guy (her ex) because she told me one time she was joking around and he punched her in the shoulder so hard it left a bruise because he got mad. I told her he sounds like the type of guy who's gonna snap on her eventually.

Fast forward three weeks ago, last night, and she messages me saying they got into a fight and he made her do things under the threat of violence.

So me, being the great person I am, got pissed right on off, and I started giving her stuff for being around him after I told her what the forget was gonna happen if she did.

Even now I'm trying to remind myself to be sympathetic but at the same time what kind of loving idiotaaaAAAH why is everyone so BROKEN

In any event, how do I apologize what's the end game here lmao

It can be tough. I know quite a few women who act like this but then continue being with a stuffty person. It's practically Stockholm syndrome. Best thing to do would be to apologize to her. After that I really don't know. You could report him but that would depend on her testifying too, which if she doesn't because, y'know, Stockholm syndrome, then things will be infinitely worse  for her. Theres really nothing you can do apart from supporting her when stuff gets tough.

for real get with her and report that stuff asap because evidence is a lot easier to get sooner than later
also is she under 18 or no, because if so that would make it even more important to do it
i found this pretty useful, maybe get together and take a look: https://www.breakthecycle.org/blog/reporting-loveual-assault-police

for real get with her and report that stuff asap because evidence is a lot easier to get sooner than later
also is she under 18 or no, because if so that would make it even more important to do it
i found this pretty useful, maybe get together and take a look: https://www.breakthecycle.org/blog/reporting-loveual-assault-police
If there's bruises the police will be able to figure out pretty quickly if there is physical abuse