Author Topic: Counter-Strike  (Read 7809 times)

Text was taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike .

Code: [Select]
Counter-Strike (commonly abbreviated to CS) is a tactical first-person shooter video game which originated from a Half-Life modification by Minh "Gooseman" Le and Jess "Cliffe" Cliffe. The game has been expanded into a series since its original release, which currently includes Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike: Anthology and Counter-Strike on Xbox.

Counter-Strike pits a team of counter-terrorists against a team of terrorists in a series of rounds. Each round is won by either completing the mission objective or eliminating the opposing force. The latest incarnation of the game, Counter-Strike: Source, is based on the Source engine developed for Half-Life 2.

The game is almost entirely based on the dynamically streamlined multiplayer experience activated via Steam, and is the most played Half-Life mod as of February 28, 2007 according to GameSpy.

Discuss Counterstrike here.

Stop making 5 second topics with a quote from wikipedia and give legit topics a chance to get posted. We don't need a forum filled with cookie cutter topics just for the sake of having something in it.

I only got counterstrike so I could play GMod :P

Wedge I'm filling it up so people don't have to wait on the topics.

Badspot

• Administrator
This board is not intended to be an index of every game currently being played.  Let the topics form naturally.

Wedge I'm filling it up so people don't have to wait on the topics.
Just be patient and let them post topics then. No one has to "wait" on a topic, everyone knows where the new topic button is if they have something they want to say.

Then why are you complaining. I know how to use the New topic button.

Because you are spamming up the board with a bunch of topics.

Think about how many topics you have posted compared to me.

Sure.

Wedge: 157 topics over 1001 days
Eryehk (counting from kheyre all the way to this account): 81 topics over 562 days

Wedge: 0.1568 topics a day
Eryehk: 0.1441 topics a day

In conclusion, I have a marginally higher topic post rate than you. Furthermore, I didn't post 5 topics within 30 minutes of each other.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:04:05 PM by Wedge »

If you double my topic count and days, it almost matches up with yours. (The days would be 1124 and the topics would be 162.) So therefore you have posted more topics than I have ever posted on the forums. Most of my new threads are from this because it is a naked forum which i decided to help out by posting the threads that would be made anyway.

Well stop thinking of it as a naked forum. It isn't naked. It's just empty. Let people post topics about what they want to talk about. Don't set up areas for people to talk about in, let them do it for themselves.

Your comparison doesn't work. You exceeded me in both days and topics. You should have done it by dividing the number of days I have been online by the number of days you have been online. Then you should have taken that number (1.7) and multiplied the number of topics you posted by it. That would give you an approximation of the number of topics you would have after 1001. That number just happens to be 137 which is 20 fewer than me. Your topic count would be 87% of mine, which close enough that they might as well be the same.

Why are you arguing about thread count? My threads had actual content, most of which was written by me. You are just making abbreviated clones of wikipedia pages. Not only that, but when I posted my topics, they were topics I wanted to talk to people about, I wasn't posting them because I figured someone would make them eventually and I wanted to save them the effort.

I'm not saying all of your topics are spam. I'm just talking about the ones you posted here in the games section. This topic ( http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=32166.0 ) was good, and I think it represents what the games section should be about.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that if all you are saying about a game is "'Pong is a competitive 2D table tennis simulation.' -Wikipedia; Discuss" you aren't really contributing to the community.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:31:13 PM by Wedge »