Author Topic: Stuck on Loading Datablocks  (Read 1416 times)

When trying to connect to my own dedicated server, the loading bar freezes and doesn't progress... I've tried everything, and the only thing that works is doing a fresh install of the dedicated server. The problem then arises once again after I disconnect and try rejoining the server. The server and console logs state nothing of the matter. I can type in chat but I won't see anything but it does in fact go through to the server. It's not related to addons. I already tested disabling and outright deleting all the addons for both client and server but the problem still persists. At the moment the server is active and open to the the public but I won't be able to even play on it myself. I can host a non-dedicated server with IDENTICAL setup just find and it's flawless besides the simple fact that it's non-dedicated.

I'm posting this after multiple hours of testing and reconfiguration. I've never had this issue before, but having this happen on top of the continuous run time errors that still occur is really killing my vibe for this beautiful game.

I'm about 30 seconds away from running this game within a Windows XP virtual machine in hopes my issues will go away; but that'll likely generate more issues than actually solving anything.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. As I'm already sure I tried everything I could, I want to at least know if others happen to encounter this as well. Feel free to make fun of me if it's something mind blowingly obvious.

Well this is embarrassing. Turns out I didn't disable ALL the addons, and interestingly enough one of the last few was the problematic addon as I suspected 6 hours ago. Addon Weapon_GluonTau causes the issue, I really like these weapons and the are literally involved with the map so I guess I'll just remove them from the server.

Post the add-on here. I might be able to fix it. It's usually caused by local variables being used outside a function.

It worked fine on my server.

Do you have some complicated playertypes on your server?  I've had issues loading on servers with certain playertypes.
It seems the issue with these playertypes is the animation names.  The animation names are all packed into 1 string and sent in 1 packet.  If the packet ends up too big, you have problems such as clients freezing while trying to load.

That's just a guess though. ...

My only other thought is your network setup.  Maybe try it at a friend's house.