The Censorship Megathread

Poll

What will be your breaking point?

Favorite YouTuber gets banned.
2 (10.5%)
Public Official/Political Party Affiliated Person gets banned from twitter (Examples: Ted Cruz, President Annoying Orange, Vermin Supreme, etc...)
2 (10.5%)
Romhacks/Game Mods get purged
4 (21.1%)
Nothing.
6 (31.6%)
Other
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: The Censorship Megathread  (Read 2302 times)

The Censorship Megathread

Currently, a major wave of censorship is going across the internet. Whether it be Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr (Also, lol), or Patreon, there is a major problem making itself known. The Internet is ruled by a few, and they decide who they want on the internet, and who they do not.

Humble Water Filter Merchant was the canary in the coal mine, and he was also a moral meat shield. Any and All who dared to question the actions of the tech giants moving forward would immediately be asked this question, "You shouldn't care, unless you support Humble Water Filter Merchant and his Crazy Conspiracy Theories. Do you?". A loaded question, which backs the person into a corner of compliance and silence. While the limit on what is allowed gets smaller and smaller, more and more creators will become targets. Now it has moved on to Sargon of Akkad, and a few others. Patreon has banned Sargon of Akkad from Patreon, despite the terms of service not being broken. (Also, if you're one of these idiots who screams "BuT tHeY'rE a CoMpAnY" and therefore they can do whatever they want, Please remember the "Might doesn't make right" statement that Badspot made.) [Others Censored Include: Mumkey Jones, LeafyIsHere, (More to be added later).]

The rules that WILL be allowed will get smaller and smaller, and increasingly vague, until there is a breaking point. So my question for everyone, what's your breaking point. At what point, who will need to be censored/removed from the internet before you decide, this is enough?

I personally say, when there is no more decent content on YouTube, it's over for me.

Video(s) for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTARZcGhg4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqmC8S2aFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7hvZee-PQ
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:31:28 PM by Master Matthew² »

ni-
-gger

On january 1st to protest free speech in games, we'll draw richards on anything with anything we can.
Also if mods get banned I'm gonna go loving nuclear and there WILL be a real life revolution.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:50:20 AM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

I like how we don't see matthew talking about mumkey jones

nice tinfoil hat you have on your head

I like how we don't see matthew talking about mumkey jones
Oh stuff, fair point. Mumkey did get forgeted, I kinda forgot about that.

What the forget are you talking about. It's not a "CoNsPiRaCy ThEoRy". Go on Patreon, Sargon of Akkad is loving gone. Go on YouTube, Humble Water Filter Merchant and Mumkey Jones are both gone, same with Mumkey's alts.

And these are hardly valid ban/removal reasons for anyone other than Humble Water Filter Merchant.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:56:49 AM by Master Matthew² »

are you sure you are not wearing more than one tinfoil hat on your head right now

I don't care until twitter starts banning furries

You're loving kidding right?

What's so hard to believe that youtube is loving censoring everyone?

Channels are literally being censored and there is proof.

TInFoIl HaT!  :nes:

Youtube banned a kid after uploading a video of him punching a feminist in a VIDEO game

You're loving kidding right?

What's so hard to believe that youtube is loving censoring everyone?

I think they are judging the message by the fact that it is matthew (or you) who said it. Your previous garbage and handicapped posts have made you into an unreliable source of information.