[VIDEO] New Guide to creating static maps

Author Topic: [VIDEO] New Guide to creating static maps  (Read 1790 times)

Since my normal account got terminated for no damn reason, I had to make another tutorial

Click this to watch it

you just saved my loving life with this man
all this time ive been using crappy vhacd without knowing of this method. thank you so much man
now i can finally make collision for my city map that isent 3 feet off the ground

You'll also need Port's .dts exporter.

A neat trick, in export.py, if you comment out line... 107?  This line...
nullob.select = True
The collision shapes will be shown as visible in-game.

If you change this line:
if bpy.data.groups.get("detail32") is not None:
to, idk, this:
if bpy.data.groups.get("bungus") is not None:
Then the exporter will not export the detail32 layer.  With these powers combined you can get a really good look at what space your collision fills.  It may look a bit glitchy with objects popping in and out, but don't worry about it, that's why I like to make the collision shapes invisible.

You'll also need Port's .dts exporter.

A neat trick, in export.py, if you comment out line... 107?  This line...The collision shapes will be shown as visible in-game.

If you change this line:to, idk, this:Then the exporter will not export the detail32 layer.  With these powers combined you can get a really good look at what space your collision fills.  It may look a bit glitchy with objects popping in and out, but don't worry about it, that's why I like to make the collision shapes invisible.

I forgot to mention that in the vid, I knew I was forgetting something