Article 13, Microtransactions, A Fangame Graveyard and the End of an Era.

Author Topic: Article 13, Microtransactions, A Fangame Graveyard and the End of an Era.  (Read 1388 times)

i feel like matthew is very anti corporation but also somehow an ardent capitalist like wtf man

i feel like matthew is very anti corporation but also somehow an ardent capitalist like wtf man
I'm pro free market, corporations aren't.
"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:59:05 PM by Master Matthew² »

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

you know matthew you remind me of this lady that comes to my job like once every week. she has this same loving entitled behavior every time. basically she comes into the store and immediately demands that we open up a fresh box of walnuts for her so she can get exactly 3.5 pounds of walnuts. the walnut box is 50 pounds and spoils between 3-5 days. we already have a box open. for some reason this lady thinks that our business was built with her super specific needs in mind and because of that she expects us to open up a fresh box of walnuts for her every time. but here's the problem.

when you open up a box of walnuts, you have to sell all 50 pounds within the next 2 days or else you throw away the box. so opening up a box just to get this bitch 3.5 pounds would mean that 46.5 pounds of walnuts could potentially go unsold and be thrown away, which would cost the business $300. not only that but it would mean that any other customers who would order walnuts would now be guaranteed to get non-fresh walnuts, as we'd now have two open boxes of non-fresh walnuts.

what she doesn't understand is that her super specific orders cost us money. and it adds up, especially since there are other people occasionally walking in and asking for us to open up fresh boxes when we already have boxes open. she doesnt understand, because she is merely a customer and not an employee, is that her orders cost everyone money, and the more it compounds, the more our business loses money and the less inclined they are to have us all full time. so they start cutting hours because they cant afford to give us full time benefits anymore. it hurts us all. so instead of losing $300, we do the smart thing, and say 'forget you' to the customer. in the end we lose $21 because she doesn't buy the walnuts, but who the forget cares. now we have an unopened box of walnuts that we can rotate when the old one spoils so everyone can get guaranteed fresh food.

the takeaway is that consumers should either buy or get the forget out. if you dont like the fact that youtube, a very successful FREE business, is using specific methods that save them millions of dollars but cost you, the consumer, absolutely no money whatsoever, then literally forget off and pay $4.99 for some handicapped ripoff like vidme. nobody needs to hear why you're super entitled to your spyro fangame or your alt right youtube channels or why you dont like microtransactions which are entirely optional and you dont even have to buy. just dont loving buy them. go watch a different channel. go make your own spyro fangame and get sued because people who own their own property are trying to protect it so all the employees that work for them can get a full salary.

money pays for your loving education and your house. it pays for everyones education and houses. dont criticize people for taking money-saving actions that dont even affect you at all, because if you were in a role of responsibility over other people's income and the future of your loving business, you'd make all of the decisions you're complaining about daily. you're just a basic npc consumer who can't fathom the weight of these huge money-oriented decisions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:21:30 PM by PhantOS »

you know matthew you remind me of this lady that comes to my job like once every week. she has this same loving entitled behavior every time. basically she comes into the store and immediately demands that we open up a fresh box of walnuts for her so she can get exactly 3.5 pounds of walnuts. the walnut box is 50 pounds and spoils between 3-5 days. we already have a box open. for some reason this lady thinks that our business was built with her super specific needs in mind and because of that she expects us to open up a fresh box of walnuts for her every time. but here's the problem.

when you open up a box of walnuts, you have to sell all 50 pounds within the next 2 days or else you throw away the box. so opening up a box just to get this bitch 3.5 pounds would mean that 46.5 pounds of walnuts could potentially go unsold and be thrown away, which would cost the business $300. not only that but it would mean that any other customers who would order walnuts would now be guaranteed to get non-fresh walnuts, as we'd now have two open boxes of non-fresh walnuts.

what she doesn't understand is that her super specific orders cost us money. and it adds up, especially since there are other people occasionally walking in and asking for us to open up fresh boxes when we already have boxes open. she doesnt understand, because she is merely a customer and not an employee, is that her orders cost everyone money, and the more it compounds, the more our business loses money and the less inclined they are to have us all full time. so they start cutting hours because they cant afford to give us full time benefits anymore. it hurts us all. so instead of losing $300, we do the smart thing, and say 'forget you' to the customer. in the end we lose $21 because she doesn't buy the walnuts, but who the forget cares. now we have an unopened box of walnuts that we can rotate when the old one spoils so everyone can get guaranteed fresh food.

the takeaway is that consumers should either buy or get the forget out. if you dont like the fact that youtube, a very successful FREE business, is using specific methods that save them millions of dollars but cost you, the consumer, absolutely no money whatsoever, then literally forget off and pay $4.99 for some handicapped ripoff like vidme. nobody needs to hear why you're super entitled to your spyro fangame or your alt right youtube channels or why you dont like microtransactions which are entirely optional and you dont even have to buy. just dont loving buy them. go watch a different channel. go make your own spyro fangame and get sued because people who own their own property are trying to protect it so all the employees that work for them can get a full salary.

money pays for your loving education and your house. it pays for everyones education and houses. dont criticize people for taking money-saving actions that dont even affect you at all, because if you were in a role of responsibility over other people's income and the future of your loving business, you'd make all of the decisions you're complaining about daily. you're just a basic npc consumer who can't fathom the weight of these huge money-oriented decisions.

Okay, thank you for downplaying the issues I had because "It'S fReE, WhY dO yOu CaRe?!". How would this work in any other situation? This road to your house is free, but it's a loving hazard, why not use this extremely out of the way road to get to your house and pay 5~10 dollars for it, infact there's a possibility said alternate road might be torn down in the next few months because no one uses it.

YouTube Sucks but it's the only reasonably accessible platform like it, ignorantly telling people to go find an alternative or make one is the same dumb stuff people say whenever someone points out there are barely any good servers on Blockland. Just because your parents are loving millionares and maybe you could afford to fund a destined to fail youtube alternative doesn't mean every random forget is going to have that opportunity, more to the point YouTube is owned by an unstoppable titan with too much influence. Telling people to "Go find an alternative" and "Shut up it's free" is loving dumb. Youtube has no alternative, google kills them all, and being loving free doesn't save them from criticism, you loving fossil. NO stuff it costs money to run these companies, but being a good little obedient mutt to the tech titan overlords only ensures this stuff keeps getting worse. Congrats, you're adding fuel to the flame of companies oppressing people through a self defeating cycle.

But whatever, that ship has sailed. No amount of loving dead alternative sites and boycotting will fix this situation now. Even if youtube dies a company like comcast or disney will just swoop in and buy the rights to it and revive it, and in all likelihood make it worse. So it's over, it's forgeted and there is NOTHING that can be done, this was supposed to be a final look back and last goodbye to the internet I grew up with.

I think the problem with your points is that they come from you

being a good little obedient mutt to the tech titan overlords only ensures this stuff keeps getting worse.
what did he mean by this

what did he mean by this

I mean it's not rocket science. The complacency of the masses is what allows the technocracy to continue