Blockland Forums > Modification Help

Is There Some Sort of Program to Test Add-ons Before Adding Them to the Game?

(1/2) > >>

GrenadeSpammer:
It gets tedious to continuously close and reopen the game after every change I make to add-ons I am developing. I think I remember hearing something about a torque program that runs the add-on as a kind of preview to see how it would act ingame. Is there any program like this? If there are multiple, which one should I use?

In case anyone needs to know what I use, it's Blender and Notepad++.

Conan:
you dont need to full restart blockland to test addons. script changes can be tested just by executing them ingame without a restart
ex:
exec(“Add-ons/Script_ChatSystem/file.cs”);

model and brick changes require a restart, as well as image states and certain player and vehicle fields.

PhantOS:
if your script uses packages make sure you stick a deactivatepackage(); activatepackage(); in there so executing the add-on will properly update that shiittt

Barnabas:
Testing the model and its animation can be done in a program called "Torque ShowTool Pro"

mctwist:

--- Quote from: Conan on January 09, 2019, 10:19:56 PM ---you dont need to full restart blockland to test addons. script changes can be tested just by executing them ingame without a restart
ex:
exec(“Add-ons/Script_ChatSystem/file.cs”);

model and brick changes require a restart, as well as image states and certain player and vehicle fields.

--- End quote ---

If it is put in a zip, he needs to rediscover the archive first before it will recognize that file being updated.

--- Quote from: PhantOS on January 10, 2019, 10:59:28 AM ---if your script uses packages make sure you stick a deactivatepackage(); activatepackage(); in there so executing the add-on will properly update that shiittt

--- End quote ---

I did this before and it worked alright. However, I found out (And other scripters noted) that deactivating is not needed. It will work anyway. It sure is good to do it anyway, just for precaution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version