Blockland Forums > Modification Help

Blender Help

(1/4) > >>

jes00:
Trying my hand at modeling. I'm using the newest version of Blender and Port's DTS exporter.
A few questions/problems:

1. I can't get my texture to work. It just appears as a black box in game.
2. I want this to function as a bot like the rowboat(but it's not actually going to move or rotate or have mount points or anything). How do I add collision to it?

What it's supposed to look like:

Blend file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/837au66fyk1as89/NozzleBox.blend/file

TheArmyGuy:
For the textures: Create a material with a texture applied to it, then apply that material to the faces and make sure the material in the final blockland addon folder is actually the texture. The texture has to have a dimension that is square and a power of 2 (i.e. 8x8, 16x16, 32x32 etc etc).

Masterlegodude:

--- Quote from: TheArmyGuy on February 01, 2019, 07:51:43 AM ---Create a material with a texture applied to it

--- End quote ---
That second part is only necessary for viewing the texture in Blender, the material just has to be named after the texture for it to appear in game

jes00:
Okay. I got the texture to show up correctly in game, but the collision is off. Besides sinking halfway into the ground the collision is accurate, but I'm just using the bounding box variable on the player type for that. There's no collision as part of the model.

Masterlegodude:
Your model needs to be positioned on the grid in Blender as if it were an actual floor

Also, i fixed your texture so that it shouldn't have that black outline to it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version