Blender Help

Author Topic: Blender Help  (Read 3117 times)

I'm trying to make each side of the box collapse outward so I split the box into 6 different objects so that I could influence each side separately, but whenever I move one side of the box, the entire box moves for some reason.

Also, how would I make the top face of the box disappear at the start of the animation? I guess I could name the node and use code to make it disappear. How do you name nodes on a player type though?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:11:23 AM by jes00 »

I'm trying to make each side of the box collapse outward so I split the box into 6 different objects so that I could influence each side separately, but whenever I move one side of the box, the entire box moves for some reason.

Also, how would I make the top face of the box disappear at the start of the animation? I guess I could name the node and use code to make it disappear. How do you name nodes on a player type though?
nodes are named by the mesh object name. eg meshes in the mesh object “Cube” can be hidden ingame by obj.hideNode(“Cube”)

A cyclic animation exported as a dsq probably. Like I'm sure you could even just make the root animation a sequence of it spinning and then by default in-game it will always spin. Idk if root can cycle though
animations do not have to be in a dsq, they can be embedded in the dts, cyclic/blend/both or not. root can be cyclic - an example is hydralisks/pillow pants “The Thing” playertype which played a passive head tentacle/jaws moving animation

Okay I've managed to make the animation in Blender using this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=HyVvi-TjHlM

But I can't get the animation to play in game using .playThread(0, collapse);
Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jukw81wo4ffp1wt/NozzleBox_collaps.blend/file

EDIT: Also, how can I make it so that it's the player type's death animation. So it can do the animation, while not having any collision anymore.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:02:54 PM by jes00 »

did you assign the animations to their respective thread names in the beginning of the server.cs file? look at an addon like mutalid ai for reference to see how all the animations are named