Google Stadia Revealed - Game Streaming Service

Author Topic: Google Stadia Revealed - Game Streaming Service  (Read 1103 times)

Google did a conference to reveal their new take on the gaming market which is called Stadia, apparently from what I can understand it will be a streaming service that allows to play full fledged games on maximum graphics on any device that can run chrome, all you need is a good internet connection, the games will be hosted from the google's own data centers.
https://www.blog.google/products/stadia/stadia-a-new-way-to-play/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUih5C5rOrA

I personally think this have a LOT of potential if done right.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:43:28 AM by Filipe »

This is actually really efficient because the only data that needs to be sent is the final render of the game and input so you can play every game with the same fps as the other. So if you run binding of Isaac on your laptop at 60fps you can run metro at 60 fps too

Remember when OnLive tried to do the same thing as this like 10 years ago and it flopped?

-i totally misunderstood what this is for-
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:38:49 PM by Conan »

Seems pretty useful considering I use a 10 year old pc, streaming is also something I do often but I can't do a lot of games cus my pc just loving goes berserk if its nothing it can handle. This seems like a pretty decent work around if done correctly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:42:51 AM by Gautier00 »

I'm not exactly comfortable with all of my games being streamed only, what if the internet goes out? Poof, all your games are gone, at least with things like Steam and GOG you can play the games you have installed. I'll stick with playing my games with my own PC, thanks.

I'm not exactly comfortable with all of my games being streamed only, what if the internet goes out? Poof, all your games are gone, at least with things like Steam and GOG you can play the games you have installed. I'll stick with playing my games with my own PC, thanks.
That's not the purpose of the system, it allows players to play games on maximum graphics via streaming, it's good for people who can't afford a console or a high end PC.

That's not the purpose of the system, it allows players to play games on maximum graphics via streaming, it's good for people who can't afford a console or a high end PC.
What I'm trying to say is that this is the beginning of a trend that I really hope doesn't take off as to completely over-take downloading and playing games on your PC.

The general public (in the US anyway) doesn’t have the internet infrastructure for this to be any worthwhile experience. Try again when gigabit Ethernet is available to regular people everywhere.

where's my modding gonna be tho

Imagine being the one kid who has to say "wanna play on google later" and gets bullied for the rest of the school year lmao

onlive tried this a long time ago and that flopped HARD, and considering the internet infrastructure of the states has been in limbo since forever, this probably will die in a month