Amends

Author Topic: Amends  (Read 671 times)

Hey guys!

I'm working a 12 step program to recover from drug addiction and child abuse. It has done wonders for my mental and emotional health.

In it, I became aware of how my own selfish actions, through the behaviors I learned when I was abused and in active use, have affected others in the past. I have made many mistakes in the Blockland community, and I'm here to make amends for my wrongdoings. I'm here to focus on your issues, not mine.

I have enabled players to cheat through the use of hacks, and this has caused a lot of trouble on various types of servers, especially lava survival, TDM, and hide-and-seek gamemodes. I made BLHack and its derivatives to gain an unfair advantage on servers for myself. I then gave it to other people so I could feel better about myself and my work when they complimented me. Eventually, when the community voiced its disapproval, I felt self-rightous and egotistical, and continued to make more hacks to spite people.

I made a server crashing utility many years ago and had been silently taking down servers since 2014. This suddenly disrupts gameplay for those involved and ruins their fun. I did this because I wanted players to go into the servers I liked for my own benefit, or for a friend's benefit (these friends did not know this was happening), or simply to spite certain hosts or purposely ruin certain people's fun.

I made reverse engineering tools for Blockland in order to uncover code that Badspot did not want anyone seeing. I excused this as "helping the community" to feel better about my actions, and shared this code with others to feel better about myself. Revealing this code enabled people to abuse functions of the game which allowed impersonation, auth bypassing, and piracy. The angry responses from the community again made me feel self-rightous and egotistical.

I made many aggressive, harmful, and egotistical posts in my previous accounts. I did this to downplay others so I could feel better about myself, my accomplishments, or excuse bad behavior to make it sound good, feel in control of others, or sound like I knew everything about anything. This lead to frustrating and stressful conversations for others here.

This post serves as my attempt to make amends to those I don't know I've affected. Those who I do know I've wronged will get their own message from me as soon as I can. If you feel like a victim of my behaviors, here is the place to discuss it and how I can repair the damage for you. You can PM me, or make a post, and we can figure out something together.

I appreciate your cooperation in this. These behaviors are unacceptable, and moving on they will not be repeated.

You've done a plethora of stuffty things but i'm glad you're getting help

huh okay

inb4”youhaventchanged” posts

glad you’re getting help

nice to see some real good change around here once in a while

nice to see some real good change around here once in a while
no kidding
hope you keep doing well computermix, you've always been a talented coder.

well i will say that your ability to make not one, but multiple cheating programs for blockland is quite impressive