Off Topic > Off Topic

Building first pc - looking for advice/suggestions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mr Queeba:
use https://pcpartpicker.com/ when picking out your components btw, it makes life a bit easier

SlayerZ99:
Thanks for all the advice so far.

I am subbed to buildapcsales reddit and I refresh it like crazy haha. I bought an MSI B450M Gaming Plus motherboard today for $72. Trying to stick with a red + black theme now. I was thinking about just grabbing a Q300L case because they're cheap but curious how that would do especially with the hefty boi MSI RX580

Writer The Wolf:

--- Quote from: auzman466 on March 22, 2019, 05:35:48 PM ---ah damn, i guess i misheard. good to know tho.

--- End quote ---
You were probably thinking of intrel's k-series chips. AMD has had a policy of only unlocked chips fer some time now.

Insert Name Here²:

--- Quote from: SlayerZ99 on March 22, 2019, 10:54:02 PM ---Thanks for all the advice so far.

I am subbed to buildapcsales reddit and I refresh it like crazy haha. I bought an MSI B450M Gaming Plus motherboard today for $72. Trying to stick with a red + black theme now. I was thinking about just grabbing a Q300L case because they're cheap but curious how that would do especially with the hefty boi MSI RX580

--- End quote ---
All of these are great choices, especially the Q300L

SlayerZ99:
Well my RX580 came into which made me impulsively buy everything else I need. I bought the R5 2600x for $180 on ebay (if I waited for the $165 sale, the taxes would have brought it up to $176 anyways), a Kingston 120gb A400 SSD and a Seagate 2TB hard drive for $85, and then an overkill SeaSonic 620w Bronze + Full Modular PSU for $46 after rebate

Unfortunately gonna still with my TV right now but I still need a case, keyboard, and mouse. The Q300L is being kind of elusive and by that I mean I dont wanna pay $65 for it at this moment lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version