"You can't quit, because you're FIRED!"

Author Topic: "You can't quit, because you're FIRED!"  (Read 1106 times)

So today at work, I put my two weeks notice in that I would be leaving. I let my supervisor know, and he texted my manager, which told him that I would personally have to tell her that I was leaving. So I called her and told her that I would like to respectfully put my two weeks in, no drama, no BS. I'm just getting out of that toxic fast food environment for motivation to get a new job.

Anyway, she told me, "You can just leave now. Jackson (person who put their two weeks in a week before me, also a cool friend) rallied you to leave so both of you two are now fired."
I told her that he in no way persuaded my decision. She told me that she doesn't care, and that I'm a lazy worker anyway (I work the hardest there with the highest seniority besides supervisors) and that I could come in Friday to get my paycheck.

Is it just me or is this kinda forgeted up? I don't give a flying forget about that awful job, but the people I worked with are pretty chill and now they'll be two people short for a while, and they're already super short staffed. I met some super chill people while I was there and now they all have to come in on most of their days off to replace the lost labor.

Anyway, my dumb ass manager now has to pay me extra money for a separates package, instead of letting me quit on my own lol.

sounds like a dumb bitch

Right on. Never did an ounce of work and complained all day/night, sits in the back and watches netflix all shift.

Right on. Never did an ounce of work and complained all day/night, sits in the back and watches netflix all shift.
Spend 1 year in and get enough power to fire her back

Used to work at a Papa Johns and lemme tell you, its one of the worst places to work for because they're known for cutting there employees to save on money, whenever they're not busy or they're clearly not getting much profit for the day they cut you instantly. You may be promised or told to come in for a 4-8 hour shift but you only stay for at most an hour or not even close. I ended up going from like 18-30 hours a week to just 2 hours a week because of the nonstop cutting I ended up receiving. Another issue was they kept hiring so many people which means less shifts for me because they filled it up for trainees. Honestly the restaurant business is not fun.

I'm currently working at Red Robin, which although its a busy af place, at least the people I work with are pretty chill.

sucks you probably wont get a reference for other things from this, though since it's just fast food it probably wasnt that big of a loss anyways

Spend 1 year in and get enough power to fire her back
I was there for 2 years, she was there for 8

Im legit second hand angry for you. That's bullstuff, forget them.

If your manager has to pay you separations anyways I guarantee you she won't last long in her position unless she sucks some good richard.

A very similar situation happened to me two days ago. Towards the beginning of January I lost all 40 of my sick hours because I caught the flu and used 50+ hours. They put me on a final for that, I spoke with hr and they aid they couldnt do anything. Just about lined up another job and chose to put in a two week notice. Next day supervisor said 'lets go for a walk.' Followed him into the lobby he took my badge and sent me on my way. I didnt even get to go to my desk to grab my belongings, they said theyre going to ship them to me.

A very similar situation happened to me two days ago. Towards the beginning of January I lost all 40 of my sick hours because I caught the flu and used 50+ hours. They put me on a final for that, I spoke with hr and they aid they couldnt do anything. Just about lined up another job and chose to put in a two week notice. Next day supervisor said 'lets go for a walk.' Followed him into the lobby he took my badge and sent me on my way. I didnt even get to go to my desk to grab my belongings, they said theyre going to ship them to me.
lmfao what a drama queen

ye look at the bright side about getting a separation package. apparently shes one of those managers who doesnt know how to handle a situation with tact and reason

lmfao what a drama queen
I'm saying it's stuffty, isn't it a stuffty thing? Wheres the drama?

I'm saying it's stuffty, isn't it a stuffty thing? Wheres the drama?
i meant the supervisor

i meant the supervisor
I was gunna say 'damn bro you callous'