what was the point of the red wire?

Author Topic: what was the point of the red wire?  (Read 1041 times)

like for the gamecube, wii, and ps1 and 2 yaknow how the yellow wire was the video and the white was the audio? what was the red wire's function? whether or not i had it plugged in didn't seem to make any difference to the screen. i could just google this but im lazy right now u guys can answer me this question cant u

i thought the white and red was for the 2 stereo audio channels

like one is the left and one is the right speaker

idk man but regular old TV's always have those three slots for the colored wires but the red wire never changed anything

Yellow: Composite Video
White: Left/Mono Channel Audio
Red: Right Channel Audio

red and white wires are for left and right speakers

idk man but regular old TV's always have those three slots for the colored wires but the red wire never changed anything

yeah cuz u can only use one for mono if you want, which some tvs probably did cus they dont have stereo

i remember plugging both in two of my speakers so this has to be the case

oh ok. so does mono mean like a singular speaker

don't. cut. the red wire.

yes it means both channels are combined into one

Everyone else has already answered the red and white wire problem. So I figured id answer a question you didn't ask for! 😎😎😎

The yellow wire is composite video. This is easily the worst option for these consoles, I'm sorry to say you lost out.

Svideo and Component are easily the better, readily available, options and make the video look better.

Although the best setups for each respective one is:
Ps2 (fat) - Component | nearly completely backwards compatible with all PS1 Games. Not emulation.
GameCube (Must have Digital Out port) - Carby V2 | reasonably priced HDMI adapter compared to it's competitors and the component cable.
Wii U - Default | The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and has a native HDMI output. As far as I'm aware this is not emulation and is running on real hardware. However, much liker later Wii revisions, you can't play GameCube games natively.

mono audio = both speakers play the exact same thing
stereo audio = the left and right speakers play different things

Everyone else has already answered the red and white wire problem. So I figured id answer a question you didn't ask for! 😎😎😎

The yellow wire is composite video. This is easily the worst option for these consoles, I'm sorry to say you lost out.

Svideo and Component are easily the better, readily available, options and make the video look better.

Ps2 (fat) - Component | nearly completely backwards compatible with all PS1 Games. Not emulation.
GameCube (Must have Digital Out port) - Carby V2 | reasonably priced HDMI adapter compared to it's competitors and the component cable.
Wii U - Default | The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and has a native HDMI output. As far as I'm aware this is not emulation and is running on real hardware. However, much liker later Wii revisions, you can't play GameCube games natively.

nerd

stuff man i never even heard of these. thx for the info bro. does that  ps2 component work for ps2 slim too?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 05:16:32 PM by Defendor »

stuff man i never even heard of these. thx for the info bro. does that  ps2 component work for ps2 slim too?
Should use the same cable.