Author Topic: say something funny  (Read 574 times)

forums be like _____M___

Saying random retarded stuff =/= funny. A joke is structured towards a unique and well thought out punchline through either dialogue, a story, etc. The punchline is where the audience realizes that the story has a second, conflicting meaning. It can be told through a pun, irony, or any other means such as nonsense or a logical incompatibility. As Linguist Robert Hetzron describes it,
"A joke is a short humorous piece of oral literature in which the funniness culminates in the final sentence, called the punchline… In fact, the main condition is that the tension should reach its highest level at the very end. No continuation relieving the tension should be added. As for its being "oral," it is true that jokes may appear printed, but when further transferred, there is no obligation to reproduce the text verbatim, as in the case of poetry."

Saying random retarded stuff =/= funny. A joke is structured towards a unique and well thought out punchline through either dialogue, a story, etc. The punchline is where the audience realizes that the story has a second, conflicting meaning. It can be told through a pun, irony, or any other means such as nonsense or a logical incompatibility. As Linguist Robert Hetzron describes it,
im not laughing

dude did anyone ask

Why couldn't the kid see the movie?

because he lied about his age

Because it was The Dark Knight (2008) ?

Hey Everyone my names Jasmine or Jazz for short. I'm a 30 year old transgender streamer. Please use she/her pronouns when talking to me <3

I made this stream as an outlet not only for myself but for anyone going through a hard time in life to not feel alone and that you're loved. I've Struggled with mental illness my entire life and I know how crippling it can be... If I can help just one person and make them not feel so alone then in my eyes this stream is a success. I want this stream to be a safe place for anyone and everyone. I love all of you from the bottom of my heart and am forever grateful to have you <3 so come say hi in chat grab some bread sticks and stick around cause WHEN YOU'RE HERE YOU'RE FAMILY!!
is this vh