5 (14.3%)
haskell
2 (5.7%)
javascript
2 (5.7%)
other: state in post
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: [poll] considering learning a new coding language over the summer what do  (Read 1620 times)

C# is the peak of all programming languages ever made. all other languages are completely irrelevant in its powerful presence. C# isn't just an improvement on Java; its an improvement on every programming language. there is nothing out there that has more features or functionality than C#. need to root around and change the program's compiled data on runtime? reflection. need to read through a massive list and sort it alphabetically, numerically, by value, by date of birth, and remove any entries that are green? LINQ. C# also has null conditional and coalescent operators so you can keep your entire program safe from null values without having to write conditionals everywhere to check for them.
this

but in reality C# is barely used anywhere in industry, so it's a useless skill

(actually, unity game devs use it quite a lot nvm)

Javascript, unironically. It's easy to learn and do things with it right off the bat, and it has presence on essentially every platform. And with tools like Electron and Apache Cordova, it's possible to build native apps for every major platform.
the problem with learning javascript first is that it actually gives you terminal stage brainworms and bad habits that you will do for the rest of your life

the problem with learning javascript first is that it actually gives you terminal stage brainworms and bad habits that you will do for the rest of your life
we were born in ts, molded by it. to us, js’s problems are nothing. it would be like comparing the power of zeus to a mere mortal. we do not fear the brain worms, rather, we are the brain worms.

we were born in ts, molded by it. to us, js’s problems are nothing. it would be like comparing the power of zeus to a mere mortal. we do not fear the brain worms, rather, we are the brain worms.
was getting brainworms part of your plan?

was getting brainworms part of your plan?
no, i have evolved into a brain worm. i shall infest every budding coder in this community with the curse of ts knowledge.

You should @ Pecon about this-

Javascript, unironically. It's easy to learn and do things with it right off the bat, and it has presence on essentially every platform. And with tools like Electron and Apache Cordova, it's possible to build native apps for every major platform.
Alright there's your answer

right, i forgot i learned TS first, JS ain't got nothing on TS

C itself is pretty nifty, and going from C to C++ really helped me understand object oriented programming concepts a lot more than in my high school Java class.

C itself is pretty nifty, and going from C to C++ really helped me understand object oriented programming concepts a lot more than in my high school Java class.
this is why good universities do this for CS/soft eng kids:

First they start teaching you programming with C, then introduce OOP with C++, then computer architecture with ASM/some language to build a compiler, and then higher level languages for stuff such as UIs and web dev.

bet no one has heard of e2/expression2

bet no one has heard of piet