minecraft forum is going to become a read-only archive

Author Topic: minecraft forum is going to become a read-only archive  (Read 2351 times)

This is what happens when minecraft gets too big and becomes geared towards kids

Doesn't Minecraft still make bajillions of dollars? They could just give some of that to the team in charge of the forum
minecraft sells like 15 copies every minute so there really shouldnt be a money issue at all

the blogpost on the forum explains everything BUT the reason why theyre even locking everything in the first place which is Incredibly Odd

maybe theyre gonna try to do an rtb style ingame thing with forum, and also just hard reset any latent toxicity in the community by setting new rules and moderation standards

sounds stupid since they still will be paying to keep it online as an archive
They can probably static-cache the current state of the forum and transfer it to their own servers to maintain at a fraction of the cost.

But it still seems silly given how large they are, and I don't like how many places are taking down their forums. Forums are a pretty important for having meaningful discussion, things like Discord can't hope to match forums in terms of being able to support long term discussions or just in generally being more organized.

Minecraft Forums 2 featuring SMF

They can probably static-cache the current state of the forum and transfer it to their own servers to maintain at a fraction of the cost.

But it still seems silly given how large they are, and I don't like how many places are taking down their forums. Forums are a pretty important for having meaningful discussion, things like Discord can't hope to match forums in terms of being able to support long term discussions or just in generally being more organized.
same for some of them moving to platforms like reddit

i feel like game subreddits get really circlejerky really quickly and no meaningful discussion ever forms

i hate the voting system

i feel like game subreddits get really circlejerky really quickly and no meaningful discussion ever forms

i hate the voting system
someone give this man gold

(i completely agree with you there)

i hate the voting system
reddit is a horrible place for actual gaming discussion
everyones just constantly dog piling for upvotes all the time and nothing of value is ever said on there or lasts longer than an hour or two

it was stated by staff that the site is being made read-only because they can't afford maintaining it anymore
and ye, i've been on that forum several times over the years, it's a big rip to see it die
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:00:20 PM by Mr Queeba »

This is what happens when minecraft gets too big and becomes geared towards kids
The new updates are pretty cool though.

haha the BLF outlives both the roblox and minecraft forums
Not sure if that is necessarily a good thing or not.
We're literally a Frankenstein experiment that had gone wrong, and our suffering continues as additional people are stitched onto the growing amalgamation, denying us the end to our agony.  Minecraft and Roblox Forums got lucky for ending; BLF outliving the two is concerning.

Its the roblox forum situation isn't it

Apart of me wonders why did the Roblox Forums shut down (please PM me for information on that I don't want to derail subject)

That being said though, it's pretty sad that the minecraft forums is shutting down. First Roblox forums, then the "Sporums" (Spore's official forum site though I'll be honest I'm a bit glad that forum shut down) now Minecraft Forums. I'm guessing this is the beginning of the extinction of Forums on the internet. What a somber thought. F.

rolox forms shut down because it was turning into the Wild West

stop deraling the thred

MC forums were kind of interesting sometimes, but the redstone section was almost always dull and misused

stop deraling the thred
but it was on topic?