[news] new james bond is a black woman

Author Topic: [news] new james bond is a black woman  (Read 14617 times)

yay some more black washing that people'll think is empowering or whatever, yet will loving ruin the damn movie

Thing is, they could've cast Idris Elba and it would've made more sense and been cooler and less... loving dumb and pandering. Like okay, we all know 007/James Bond is a code name, but... it's a dude's code name. Let's not sit here and pretend otherwise. This is just dumb. Like, the whole point of 007 is a suave, lovey super spy GUY. Watch this bitch wear manly ass suits, butch as forget with stuffty one liners meant to woozle wamns

So do they think they'll really make a profit?
yes

i am so terrified of black people that i can't watch it therefore they will not be receiving financial support from my cinema ticket purchase
they will profit financially

https://screenrant.com/james-bond-25-lashana-lynch-007/
wait what

so are you telling me shes just playing in the movie and may not necessarily be the main character? and all this outrage about a black woman playing james bond is a lie? wow amazing.

the issue to me is that they are re-using characters and just pretending to be diverse when they can put in the effort to make a new, original movie

(it will still suck but atleast it wont be using some pre-existing franchise)

the issue to me is that they are re-using characters and just pretending to be diverse when they can put in the effort to make a new, original movie
literally this^^^^

i loving hate the trend that you can just reboot literally everything nowdays

every loving movie from the 80s is getting a reboot and i just want to see new stuff like god damn this is peak capitalism because they just got so lazy and want to farm merch

they will profit financially
They won't man. The previous films that did this race washing pandering didn't profit, this one won't either.

I don't care if a movie has a black main character or not. Many movies pull it off fine. I do have an issue though when the only reason why they're doing it, is just for virtue signalling.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 04:51:36 PM by Insert Name Here² »

They won't man. The previous films that did this race washing pandering didn't profit, this one won't either.
except they did, a lot, you guys keep mentioning star wars and stuff as race baiting but all those movies have literally turned a profit fantastically, "get woke go broke" is such a fantastic myth that you guys keep telling yourselves
I don't care if a movie has a black main character or not. Many movies pull it off fine. I do have an issue though when the only reason why they're doing it, is just for virtue signalling.
this comes up literally every new movie that has a black person or has someone thats non-white or male. at what point does it stop being pandering? are you just gonna say this literally every single time theres movies with black people or women? this has happened literally n times at this point. how is this pandering at all that they just cast someone different after like 800 stuffty james bond films?

ive had this argument with you guys on this forum at least 10 times, but you'd think after 10 times casting black people would just become a norm, but no it's pandering all the time for you guys apparently

except they did, a lot, you guys keep mentioning star wars and stuff as race baiting but all those movies have literally turned a profit fantastically, "get woke go broke" is such a fantastic myth that you guys keep telling yourselves
I'm not talking about Star Wars, they're one of the movies that did it right. Other movies though like the new Ghost Busters, lost over $100m.

I'm not talking about Star Wars, they're one of the movies that did it right. Other movies though like the new Ghost Busters, lost over $100m.
yeah apparently they needed like 300 million just to break even and only totaled 229 million in the end

im talking about scenarios where they actually choose good actors, and ghostbusters what a fantastically stuffty reboot like all of the stuffty reboots that come out every year that fail. but you only talk about that one because "it obviously failed because women man", but dont mention all the other movies that failed because they where stuffty reboots or reused IP like:
-Solo
-Death Wish
-Robin hood
-etc.

there is so many movies that just fail because they are bad and have bad actors/just a lazy remake. For you to single out the idea that this one movie failed only because they replaced them with women is kinda stupid and ignoring a huge amount of things that turn people off from watching movies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:15:52 PM by Aide33 »

For you to single out the idea that this one movie failed only because they replaced them with women is kinda stupid and ignoring a huge amount of things that turn people off from watching movies.
I'm literally not saying this. Are you even reading what I'm posting, or are you jumping to conclusions just 2 words in?

I'm literally not saying this. Are you even reading what I'm posting, or are you jumping to conclusions just 2 words in?
wait cue me in here, why the forget did you bring up the losses of ghostbusters then? how is that not insinuating this considering we where literally talking about them including woman only for virtue signalling(according to you)?