I just saw The Lion King and spoiler alert it sucks

Author Topic: I just saw The Lion King and spoiler alert it sucks  (Read 3084 times)

you didnt bring much discussion with OP i rlly gotta admit

heres something for discussion: the cgi sucks and the animation isnt even half as good as 2d animation

: https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1149108647676522497?lang=en
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 07:09:07 PM by sleep »

heres something for discussion: the cgi sucks and the animation isnt even half as good as 2d animation

t. prefessional furry animator

Animation reminded me of Walking with Dinosaurs in 3D. The CGI is great if it wasn't used for this film.

Considering that everyone who worked on this film is a talentless hack is this really surprising?

Boomstick's guide to find out if a movie is good

1. Does the movie have love?

2. Does the movie have guns?

3. Does the movie have drugs?

4. Does the movie have funny mexi character?

5. Is it a horror movie?

6. Is the soundtrack BANGER?

7. Does it have bad ass character?

answer these questions and this will determine if your movie is good or bad!

everyone in this thread is actual garbage

i actaully thought the new one was better than the old one because it had a more diverse cast

everyone in this thread is actual garbage
that's not nice

eh i know everyones been telling me the movie is bad but i might buy it on dvd later on just to see for myself. a lot of times when standards are lowered to a bottomless pit the movie actually becomes enjoyable.

ill just wait for the hbo channels to have it so i wont be out probably $30+ per person if im disappointed

i guess all modern live action Disney movies will have at least one botched af character

The Jungle Book did something kind of like this to kaa. he was limited to like, one scene, and instead of him being the slithery goof he was, kaa was really dark and serious. and also scarlett johansson.

on one hand i get it because it's real life jungle book and it's a welcomed change in real life scenario, it's just kind of strange that they kept in pretty much every other goofy part about that movie. kaa is like, the only thing I can think of that's lacking in the jungle book. i actually really liked the live action adaptation. i thought it was really well done for what it was.

im assuming Lion King is much of the same? ill probably watch it if someone happens to show it to me, but I'm not really making an effort for this one

im assuming Lion King is much of the same? ill probably watch it if someone happens to show it to me, but I'm not really making an effort for this one
not at all, MAAAYBEEEEEEE Scar just because there's a very noticeable difference in character voice. it's literally more or less the same exact movie but it looks real (obv) I get people have different tastes or whatever is up with them but i genuinely do not understand what was wrong with it. i thought it was the best disney live action so far. the CGI and cinematography looked absolutely fine in theaters so im just confused really

i actaully thought the new one was better than the old one because it had a more diverse cast

I think the cast would be better represented by a more palatable remake. If a remake fails to live up to the standards set by the original then cast diversity is moot.

careful ike, people may not be able to tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, including me

you should have thrown in a few more words to cement your position on either side

not at all, MAAAYBEEEEEEE Scar just because there's a very noticeable difference in character voice. it's literally more or less the same exact movie but it looks real (obv) I get people have different tastes or whatever is up with them but i genuinely do not understand what was wrong with it. i thought it was the best disney live action so far. the CGI and cinematography looked absolutely fine in theaters so im just confused really

People like you are why I'm going to have to nuke Disney HQ in the near future