9 Dead in mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio.

Author Topic: 9 Dead in mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio.  (Read 4047 times)

[insert overused sam hyde joke here]

I love waking up to a bunch of things saying that white people bad on instagram and twitter pretty epic

its a federal operation, its a distraction from the epstein situation which a lot of high ranking government officials are tied in with, and an excuse to chip away at the first and second amendments. theyre in a panic mode because their secrets are on the verge of spilling out into the public
the worst part about this comment is i can't even tell if its a joke coming from you

[insert overused sam hyde joke here]
Sam Hyde’s forces have been carrying out terrorist attacks. No longer shall his people be called “four-eyes”.

tbh 250 shootings or some stuff to 270 kills shows that americans suck ass at shooting others

tbh 250 shootings or some stuff to 270 kills shows that americans suck ass at shooting others
and subsequently that the people carrying them out either just bought or stole a gun.

I was like "Damn kinda high" but I learned that lots of things count as "mass shootings" or "school shootings" such as,
'College kid cleaning gun in dorm room, accidental discharge. No injuries.' +1 school shooting
'Two teenagers fight with airsoft guns in the school playground and were arrested' +1 school shooting
'Three home intruders were killed after the owner shot them' +1 mass shooting

The actual number is still high, dont get me wrong, but its NOWHERE near 250 or whatever that bullstuff is.

mmmm i wanna be a roast ham dude i want to be glazed with honey i want to be served up to the blockland forums dinner table i want to be served for thanksgiving mmm i wanna be a juicy ham dude

I was like "Damn kinda high" but I learned that lots of things count as "mass shootings" or "school shootings" such as,
'College kid cleaning gun in dorm room, accidental discharge. No injuries.' +1 school shooting
'Two teenagers fight with airsoft guns in the school playground and were arrested' +1 school shooting
'Three home intruders were killed after the owner shot them' +1 mass shooting

The actual number is still high, dont get me wrong, but its NOWHERE near 250 or whatever that bullstuff is.
this is absolutely false, the article that claims this goes through the definitions it uses to tally up the count:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019
There are many definitions of a mass shooting. Listed roughly from broad to specific:

Stanford University MSA Data Project: 3+ shot in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at one location, at roughly the same time, excluding organized crime, as well as gang-related and drug-related shootings.[8]
Mass Shooting Tracker: 4+ shot in one incident, at one location, at roughly the same time.[7]
Gun Violence Archive/Vox: 4+ shot in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at one location, at roughly the same time.[4][9]
Mother Jones: 3+ shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at a public place.[6]
The Washington Post: 4+ shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at a public place.[5]
ABC News/FBI: 4+ shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at one location, at roughly the same time.[10]
Congressional Research Service: 4+ shot and killed in one incident, excluding the perpetrator(s), at a public place, excluding gang-related killings and those done with a profit-motive.[2]

Only incidents considered mass shootings by at least two of the above sources are listed.
The least specific of these definitions is whats used to tally up that count, and it includes all instances where at least 3 people where shot in one location by a perpetrator. That's a pretty solid definition of a mass shooting if you ask me. Nowhere do they include "airsoft gun violence" or "accidental firearm discharges" as mass shootings. If you don't believe me, go through the entire list they have compiled on that link, literally every incident is listed, you can see the death count and tally of people shot every time. Even if you don't include home invasions (which are still mass shootings if they shoot more than 3 people), there's still around 246 incidents.

Stop spreading misinformation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:17:06 AM by Aide33 »

the media doesn't cover mass shootings stopped by a carrying citizen

Lol Aide, you tard, if you think 3 people getting shot is "mass" you're as dumb as those studies

Lol Aide, you tard, if you think 3 people getting shot is "mass" you're as dumb as those studies
when i think of "mass shootings" i certainly dont think of anything where the total amount of people shot dead or alive, was below 10. which is what a majority of this list is.

i count roughly 10 entries on this list where the total amount of people shot dead or alive, was equal or greater to 10 people. and if it matters, a number of these 10 entries have no casualties at all.

i think most people in this country are aware of the danger that is - well, living here. its dangerous living anywhere in the world. people die every day every where in this country and abroad. so when i hear about a bar getting shot up or someones house getting shot up and 7 people die, that doesnt really scream "mass shooting" to me. i know the statistic says that it technically is, but ive also seen a mass shooting of upwards to like, 17-40 people. THATS a mass shooting.

Nowhere do they include "airsoft gun violence" or "accidental firearm discharges" as mass shootings.

As for a "mass shooting", like I stated, a group of people invading a home to be killed by the homeowner STILL counts as a mass shooting.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:39:48 AM by Sheepocalypse »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting#Definitions

no one cares about wikipedia's definition of anything, when you HEAR mass shooting you do not THINK "oh three people" you think MASS DEATH like 10+ forget out of here with this stuff, we all know 250+ is a bullstuff number unless you're trying to push agenda