Did Badspot completely abandon this game?

Author Topic: Did Badspot completely abandon this game?  (Read 6013 times)

there's no such thing as 'finding someone to take over the game.' its selling rights to a studio that wants to buy it. and right now there's probably no studios on the planet willing to buy the game for a high enough price that badspot wants to sell out at.

buying blockland is the riskiest investment in history, with a payout of like 0.001%
tbh anyone who buys a game isn’t buying it as an investment - most games’ value depreciates over time like cars, and typically theyd buy the studio rather than an individual game

What is there left to add besides more decals and faces?

Speaking of faces and decals, I know the HatMod is pretty popular, but more default hat-hair/nodes would be nice.

And what ever happened to Kalphiter's or JVS Elevators?

What is there left to add besides more decals and faces?
lots of stuff

Blockland is awesome especially if you get into the modding part of it you can make all sorts of neat things

I wish that there was a better solution to keep the terrain and interiors code and fix them up. The problem lies within Torque Game Engine that hasn't been updated since 1.5.2 in May 2007. I hope someday that a new game will popup that is similar to Blockland with sandbox building to gain that popularity again this game once had.

I wish that there was a better solution to keep the terrain and interiors code and fix them up. The problem lies within Torque Game Engine that hasn't been updated since 1.5.2 in May 2007. I hope someday that a new game will popup that is similar to Blockland with sandbox building to gain that popularity again this game once had.

brickadia

brickadia
It doesn't have to be Brickadia. See games like Shores of Hazeron, a complete different game to build up your civilization in a massive online universe.

It doesn't have to be Brickadia. See games like Shores of Hazeron, a complete different game to build up your civilization in a massive online universe.
i've yet to see any game come anywhere close to what blockland has in terms of modability and extension of the base game functionality

i've yet to see any game come anywhere close to what blockland has in terms of modability and extension of the base game functionality
this to me is the magic of blockland. its a solid as forget sandbox building game, but so is pretty much any other mainstream sandbox game thats popular.

maybe its just because i surrounded myself with bl more than anything else, but blocklands modding is just so easy. like, broken easy. and to me thats what makes it so fun. like if you wanted to import your own model? for no other reason than just having a static shape in the map? if you have mission editor it is literally drag and drop. drag the .dts into any file in your bl folder, and you instantly have a model you can load in game. its going to be broken and the textures probably wont load, but thats how easy it is to get custom geometry into bl. take it a step further and package it as a vehicle (which is just file renaming/rewording/organization) and chances are it'll load with textures and collision. from there you can do pretty much anything with it. that is by no means an efficient or optimized way of custom content creating, but thats how easy it is to get a satisfying result.

if any one knows, id honestly love to know of any other sandbox game that has modding capabilities that stupid simple and isn't restrictive
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:15:45 AM by mod-man »

Blockland’s versatility and building has always been its’ main draw for me. The vastness of game mode/server possibilities (though dependent on the community/add-on devs) is great, and its’ simple heavily LEGO inspired building and aesthetics are wonderful. When you think about the fact that LEGO themselves were interested in Blockland/Badspot at one point, you know it’s damn good.

No bullstuff terrain blocks and crafting, or gameplay where you have to do x to earn y bricks. It’s primary feature is being a sandbox game on the truest form, and building with virtual LEGO bricks. That’s always been my favorite thing about it, and where all these other building games fail.

GMOD maybe, but thats cheatin

No bullstuff terrain blocks and crafting, or gameplay where you have to do x to earn y bricks. It’s primary feature is being a sandbox game on the truest form, and building with virtual LEGO bricks. That’s always been my favorite thing about it, and where all these other building games fail.
agreed. i still fondly remember the butterfly feeling that was realizing exactly what blockland was. a lego building game. and nothing else. theres minigames sure, but the core nature of blockland is the core nature of LEGO. practically to a T if you dont count vehicle building. thats all i ever wanted as a kid :cookieMonster:

im gonna say something mostly stupid, and that's that blockland doesn't really feel like a dead game, in the sense that it has an actual-decades worth of add-ons and community made content for newer players to use.
but its definitely most certainly dead