Author Topic: Best settings for Blockland for amazing performance and good graphics?  (Read 2993 times)

I'm running on a low to mid end PC, and I don't know if I currently have the best settings. Any good ideas?
I have a 64 bit TOSHIBA PC with an Intel Pentium CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2 cores, 1 socket.

What is your graphics card (integrated or external)? If you're on integrated I'm guessing you're already on no shaders, so there are few other settings that will make a big difference. The only other setting that really matters would be draw distance. Lag from large builds can be reduced by lowering draw distance, but of course it won't look as nice.

anything other than shaders: maximum
shaders: minimum (not off)
render distance: depends on the build or server you're on. on a crappy pc i can drag it to max and it works fine if the build isn't massive

if you still get bad frames drag down the view distance until you either reach the minimum you want to be able to see or until you get 60fps. turning shaders off doesn't really affect fps, turning it above minimum will obliterate fps if there is more than 3 things on the screen, and all the other settings have so little effect it doesn't matter unless you're desperately trying to squeeze every last frame out of a really intense new years server

theres a setting for the render distance that allows it to change dynamically to increase your fps

if you still get bad frames drag down the view distance until you either reach the minimum you want to be able to see or until you get 60fps. turning shaders off doesn't really affect fps, turning it above minimum will obliterate fps if there is more than 3 things on the screen, and all the other settings have so little effect it doesn't matter unless you're desperately trying to squeeze every last frame out of a really intense new years server
Even turning shadows on minimum can bring FPS lag on low end systems. For best performance, disable shadows entirely. Depending on your system, you might get a small to moderate FPS boost using a reduce latency render method. There are a few advanced options that can help too:

Disable Trilinear Filtering
Turn anisotropy all the way down to performance
Set both particle options all the way down to performance

dont forget to click apply before done

Even turning shadows on minimum can bring FPS lag on low end systems. For best performance, disable shadows entirely.
On all 3 computers that could have shaders that I have used, Minimum has provided next to no framerate drops. Most notably my I5-4460 and HD-4600 PC and my Toshiba C50D-B-120 Laptop.

On all 3 computers that could have shaders that I have used, Minimum has provided next to no framerate drops. Most notably my I5-4460 and HD-4600 PC and my Toshiba C50D-B-120 Laptop.
Obviously we have different opinions on what a low-end system actually is

Obviously we have different opinions on what a low-end system actually is

lol yeah something like that