Author Topic: downloading files on loading screens takes hours - what to do?  (Read 2619 times)

sound files >>>> model details

models are really low-size and unless you have literally hundreds of custom ones people have never seen before outside of your server, it shouldnt be the major impact to loading times

maybe people are getting off put by the number of files they have to dl without seeing that each one is pretty much instant?

depends on how many overly detailed models and how many sounds

if the problem is as stated and due to overly detailed models, it must look real funky in BL
ie perfect sphere while not being smoothshaded kind of funky

if it's the more likely option that it's not the models and something like sound/music, can probably lower the quality of them or similar

depends on how many overly detailed models and how many sounds

if the problem is as stated and due to overly detailed models, it must look real funky in BL
ie perfect sphere while not being smoothshaded kind of funky

if it's the more likely option that it's not the models and something like sound/music, can probably lower the quality of them or similar
without the sounds it's about 4 MBs in a rar file, with sounds it's close to 14 MBs
But I already lowered the quality of the sounds, it's just that they are many. Maybe I should make a pack of the sound effects that everyone could download for themselves, so ingame the models I made could use the sounds without the need to download them through the loading screen
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:39:59 AM by BlockAlpha »