The Amazon Rainforest is still ablaze

Author Topic: The Amazon Rainforest is still ablaze  (Read 4900 times)

Doesn't data show the fires this year are relatively normal when compared to previous data

When you continue to ring the alarm for things that aren't emergencies, people will start to ignore the real emergencies. Time and time again this lesson goes unlearned in favor of pretending like sharing some loving meme on facebook muh amazon is gonna help. Annoying as forget. Shut up.
fires in general are normal or fires kn the amazon? cause all the numbers ive seen so far indicate significantly above normal (significantly imo being >30% increase)

Isn't the fire situation in sub-Sahara africa far worse right now?

@Deus
if you think an 83% increase in fires is normal, I'd say so

According to what loving data

There's data that says oh its on the rise, and there's data that says it's basically the same old stuff

Also I've heard some of the fire is intentional as farmers are expanding their land or something

So at the end of the day, either the data is forgeted, people are bitchmoaning for nothing to morally grandstand on the altar of greenpeace, OR we're trying to stick our richards in another stuffty third world country as it attempts to expand its economy

In other words, find something else to masturbate over I'm tired of this climate change bullstuff

Tired of handicaps acting like anything you do makes a difference

As if you can convince the entire western world to somehow hold the load of the undeveloped, unwashed third world trash that causes most of the current greenhouse gas emissions (China is a third world country by virtue of communism)

Like we're all supposed to stop eating meat because India and Africa and South America can't get its stuff together and our world leaders are too pusillanimous individual to stand up to China and tell them to forget off so we can invest in developing countries instead of letting companies sink money into a fake economy

It's all bullstuff and I'm tired of all these handicaps acting like they know any better

Btw no one's saving the world. The world will exist for millions of years after humans manage to wipe themselves out, hopefully in the next decade so I don't have to breathe the same air as any more greenpeace, treehugging loving hippie dipstuffs

Doesn't data show the fires this year are relatively normal when compared to previous data

When you continue to ring the alarm for things that aren't emergencies, people will start to ignore the real emergencies. Time and time again this lesson goes unlearned in favor of pretending like sharing some loving meme on facebook muh amazon is gonna help. Annoying as forget. Shut up.
yeah, i think we saw the same data.
it used to be (like not even 10 years ago) about 3x as bad, but the whole drama is about how we are rapidly nearing that same highpoint again

There's data that says oh its on the rise, and there's data that says it's basically the same old stuff

Also I've heard some of the fire is intentional as farmers are expanding their land or something

So at the end of the day, either the data is forgeted, people are bitchmoaning for nothing to morally grandstand on the altar of greenpeace, OR we're trying to stick our richards in another stuffty third world country as it attempts to expand its economy

In other words, find something else to masturbate over I'm tired of this climate change bullstuff

As if you can convince the entire western world to somehow hold the load of the undeveloped, unwashed third world trash that causes most of the current greenhouse gas emissions (China is a third world country by virtue of communism)

Like we're all supposed to stop eating meat because India and Africa and South America can't get its stuff together and our world leaders are too pusillanimous individual to stand up to China and tell them to forget off so we can invest in developing countries instead of letting companies sink money into a fake economy

It's all bullstuff and I'm tired of all these handicaps acting like they know any better

Btw no one's saving the world. The world will exist for millions of years after humans manage to wipe themselves out, hopefully in the next decade so I don't have to breathe the same air as any more greenpeace, treehugging loving hippie dipstuffs

why are you so mad, you need to stop getting so triggered jesus

people are not mad about the fact that fires in brazil are in a relatively low period, people are mad because the fires have rapidly increased since last year and bucked that trend

the data comes from the INPE, there's been an 80% increase since last year
http://queimadas.dgi.inpe.br/queimadas/portal-static/situacao-atual/

the fires are so intense the smoke is literally covering sao paulo in dark clouds:
https://globalnews.ca/video/5791608/sao-paulo-plunged-into-darkness-as-amazon-wildfire-burns
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:50:32 AM by Aide33 »

Isn't the fire situation in sub-Sahara africa far worse right now?

Sure but Africa doesn't really have trees though

"since last year"

"muh smoke clouds"

can you stop holy stuff you're only proving my point

brothers always gotta fudge the numbers

since last year? How about the past fifteen? Why not mention those? Have fires been steadily increasing in size and severity or is this just an 80% increase since LAST YEAR. What's the different between last year and the year before? How about that one? That's the problem w/ all this climate change bullstuff. Periods of intensity are seen as proof that stuff is getting crazy, but when you zoom out far enough you realize this is literally just the planet breathing

Sure but Africa doesn't really have trees though

This is a joke right?

"since last year"

"muh smoke clouds"

since last year? How about the past fifteen? Why not mention those? Have fires been steadily increasing in size and severity or is this just an 80% increase since LAST YEAR. What's the different between last year and the year before? How about that one? That's the problem w/ all this climate change bullstuff. Periods of intensity are seen as proof that stuff is getting crazy, but when you zoom out far enough you realize this is literally just the planet breathing
dont think man made fires to clear areas for grazing/farmland is just the planet breathing, but fair point on the rest.

the thing is that all the destruction is pretty much permanent - just cause the rate of destruction is less doesnt mean “thats okay”. land taken by people isnt generally returned, and even if so, takes decades to recover. last i checked not much land has been permanently restored to the amazon long enough to actually go through the process of recovery. attrition will wear down the amazon if the rate of destruction is significantly above the rate of recovery
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:03:09 PM by Conan »

just wanted to give a peanut gallery comment, not trying to partake in whatever you’re going after, but india is actually making pretty incredible advances at quite an impressive rate for the amount of overpopulation they face

just wanted to give a peanut gallery comment, not trying to partake in whatever you’re going after, but india is actually making pretty incredible advances at quite an impressive rate for the amount of overpopulation they face

Ah yes I heard when they stuff on the street they make sure to do it over an open manhole now, quite the advancement if I say so myself.

"since last year"

"muh smoke clouds"

????

this is like saying if i had cancer and then it disappeared for 15 years then came back i shouldnt be alarmed because i didnt have it for the past 15. they are alarmed because the bolsanaro government has made commitments to rollback regulation to increase deforestation. like I get that we have improved but we shouldnt brush it off entirely because like we did good for 15 years in a row

this is like if we where slowly rolling troops out of afghanistan and then when we have like 10000 troops left, we decide to ship 8000 back and attack syria, but according to you, we should just ignore us attacking syria because at once point we had 100,000 troops in afghanistan

you are literally ignoring the reversal of the trend for no reason other than you're own pretentious "i know better than every climate scientist" attitude