Blockland Forums > Modification Help

[Blender Plugin] Blockland Save Importer (for 2.8)

<< < (2/7) > >>

jes00:

--- Quote from: Ahead on August 30, 2019, 03:39:59 PM ---Post logs found in the scripting section, it imports fine when I get it from the GitHub repo
edit: you could also try removing the bls_bricks folder in the zip? maybe that will help

--- End quote ---
That worked for installing it, but I get this error when I try to enable it.

Ahead:

--- Quote from: jes00 on August 30, 2019, 03:58:17 PM ---That worked for installing it, but I get this error when I try to enable it.

--- End quote ---
Oops, I should've mentioned the code for older versions was replaced with newer code that only works on 2.8, I should work on making it cross-compatible

--- Quote from: QuadStorm on August 30, 2019, 03:32:06 PM ---Wonder if you could get it to use the Principled BSDF material instead of the diffuse material. I've been using this older BLS2OBJ to import into blender since it can handle larger files better (still slow but better than my experience with this importer), but that importer can't import certain bricks properly (crests and arches have missing faces). My goal is to be able to cycles render blockland builds of pretty much any size as simply as possible.

--- End quote ---
update: I did some experimenting and I wanted an opinion, should the importer recreate these nodes for every brick material? (and with or without the bump?)

jes00:

--- Quote from: Ahead on August 30, 2019, 04:05:26 PM ---Oops, I should've mentioned the code for older versions was replaced with newer code that only works on 2.8, I should work on making it cross-compatible

--- End quote ---
Oh. I have 2.79.

Ahead:

--- Quote from: jes00 on August 30, 2019, 04:14:13 PM ---Oh. I have 2.79.

--- End quote ---
In the meantime the original version found at the original topic still works on 2.79, but later I'll make a branch for that version
Or you can use 2.8, up to you

jes00:

--- Quote from: Ahead on August 30, 2019, 04:18:27 PM ---In the meantime the original version found at the original topic still works on 2.79, but later I'll make a branch for that version
Or you can use 2.8, up to you

--- End quote ---
What's the difference between 2.79 and 2.8? Will Port's DTS exporter still work with 2.8?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version