Blockland Forums > Help

how do i make my own skybox?

(1/5) > >>

crazies alt:
ive been trying to make my OWN skybox for like 2 weeks now but i still cannot figure out how the forget to make one
i've already patched together a skybox once before, but what tools are required to actually draw your own skybox? or generate one?
ive searched and searched and the only tutorials i can find are on how to make a skybox from a pre-made set of images, but i want to completely make/generate one on my own, without any
of that nonsense. plz help. cant find anything.

Biqus:
yeah ive also searched for some kind of tool that makes it easier but have had no luck

Masterlegodude:
Skyboxes are just JPGs/PNGs, you can just draw whatever as long as their dimensions are something like 512 or 1024, skybox textures bigger than that may freeze the game for a brief moment to load in the textures

Then from there you can use any text editor to make the DML and ATMOSPHERE files, and you can look default/other skyboxes to see how they're set up

phflack:
note that if you draw stuff on the skybox, the corners will looked squished due to it being a skybox instead of a sphere
i think there are programs to undo that effect?

Masterlegodude:
There's probably an effect or plugin for GIMP, Paint.NET, or Photoshop that can help make your flat square textures look spherical when set to a skybox

I think Blender can also do something like that, but IDK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version