Author Topic: how do i make my own skybox?  (Read 4690 times)

tried another go at it, was suprisingly simple second time around.

up next : actual clouds

as to how i did it : for the top and bottom layer of clouds i just use a plane and slapped on a transparent image

well that isnt needed, whats needed is i need to somehow smooth the top part, which is made up of the 4 tops of the other parts that line up with it
and rotating is a pain in the ass in paint.net, you cant just "rotate by 90 degrees", you have to use a command which can sometimes place the rotated image outside of the canvas meanin you have to retry, and a whole bunch of other stuff, you can just input a value to rotate it by
maybe copy selection, open paint, paste+rotate, copy it back?

are you gonna try to make moving clouds

maybe copy selection, open paint, paste+rotate, copy it back?
its really not possible to do without it being a fraction of a degree off and causing terrible anti aliasing. either way what i got now works
are you gonna try to make moving clouds
blocklands moving clouds are underwhelming- the texture size is fixed, it doesnt scale with the texture's resolution, and to get a good looking and seamless cloud from them is basically impossible

its really not possible to do without it being a fraction of a degree off and causing terrible anti aliasing. either way what i got now works
kind of impressive how bad these programs are, paint.net/photoshop and similar, for doing pixel work
while paint is pretty great for it

I think Paint.NET and Photoshop have options for the type of filtering to use for moving/scaling/rotating selections