2 (5.7%)
No - I drop shows earlier
19 (54.3%)
No - I drop shows later
6 (17.1%)
No - I'll watch an entire series no matter how much I hate it
8 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Anime & Manga Megathread 3.0: "SMF Still Sucks Even After An Upgrade" Edition  (Read 194862 times)

golden wind mc is definitely way op, but not really for the other ones. star platinum also got randomly op towards the end probably cause there was no other way to beat dio lol

as for character development i always saw it more about the side characters more than jojo himself. fair point tho, and yeah fotns is way better in that department

golden wind mc is definitely way op, but not really for the other ones. star platinum also got randomly op towards the end probably cause there was no other way to beat dio lol

as for character development i always saw it more about the side characters more than jojo himself. fair point tho, and yeah fotns is way better in that department

Also it has better girls than JoJo, most of them being milfs

I’m going to destroy anime and make it a useless market in the United States.

i may have owned the metropolis blu ray for weeks now but i swear i'll eventually watch it
still have not watched it but someday it WILL happen

Jojo sucks because of it's stupid convoluted solutions to stuff, the MC is always OP, no character development at all, and it's just not interesting. FoTN does have character, heart, and soul, but most of the goons are just laughable.
that's really interesting, i always felt the convoluted solutions are what make the show so interesting. it's all about araki pushing the characters into a corner and seeing what forgeted up nonsense they figure out to get out. imo the part 3 anime has some pretty terrible pacing which makes it a little bit painful to slog through, but parts 4 and 5 i think really knocked it out of the park. i definitely get what you mean tho, the series doesn't tend to have very deep character development or progression, and it makes sense that'd make a lot of people enter snooze mode real fast

tbh my favorite part of jojo, and probably where a lot of the appeal is for others too, is just seeing all the different abilities araki comes up with and seeing how they get explored. the conflicts are really front-and-center and everything else takes a back seat. i think that's why so many people have fun just imagining stuff like what stands could exist and how existing stands could interact with others. most of the time, the rules are clearly defined and demonstrated, and that really lets your imagination run wild.

like, jolyne can turn into string and that's cool and all, she can do string stuff i guess, but then you see her do stuff like this:

and it's like "stuff i never even considered it could be used that way, amazing"

maybe that's why main characters also might appear overpowered. their actual abilities alone aren't outrageous in the grand scheme of things, it's just that they forgetin know how to use them to turn most any situation in their favor, and they pretty much always win as a result (or get help from someone with a better-suited ability)

---

For the anime in Jojo, I feel like they fixed the pacing in some bits, but sometimes the animation gets really sloppy. The final part of Oasis vs Bruno was terribly animated imo.

But anyway, yeah, I do like seeing how different abilities play out. Too bad not alot of Jojo fans remember most of the fights besides the final boss battles, because...

There's a HUUUUGE problem with Jojo "telling" instead of "showing"

You'll have Joey Mcjoe explaining his ability for 24 hours and by the time he's shows it off, it's not as great as it should be. The choreography of most fights are also pretty bad, remember good poses doesn't equal a good scene in general.

Also how the forget was giorno not phased by having his arm chopped off and half of his face turning to ice while the much more adult and buff Joesph screams bloody murder when Kars takes his little Mr. lefty?

Edit: You could say the same thing about telling not showing in FoTN but that happens only when Kenshiro is scaring the stuff out of a goon. Then he punches him and an evangelical voice says "NORTH STAR 100 CRACK" before the goon loving explodes. The manga is amazing, plz check it out
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:56:01 PM by Googalini »

yeah, maybe you could call that 'speedwagon syndrome,' and it's almost certainly a byproduct of its manga roots. iirc characters like speedwagon existed p much just to explain what was happening to manga readers who couldn't really see it. tho cus of how jojo handles conflict i guess it just naturally follows that someone will have to explain what stupid schemes people are up to

definitely not as action-packed and exciting as something like your standard shounen like mha or naruto. then maybe in some ways it's just a davidpro problem, tho a lot of it is certainly just the way the series is written

i've never actually seen fotns, should defo check it out sometime

i watched evangelion for the first time

hot take:

re: zero is a pretty good show

yo can someone hit me with some anime recs from the current crop of series this season

i hear Dr Demon Slayer Stone is good