Blockland Vanilla port on Torque 3D

Author Topic: Blockland Vanilla port on Torque 3D  (Read 2475 times)

So guys,

I had a port of Blockland Vanilla for Torque 3D between my folders. I never really finished the port, I screwed up something in the code. GitHub wont allow me to upload the entire large project there, so people can work on the source code of the game.

Screenshots

Bugs
- Player animation is broken (T3D has a different play animation code maybe?)
- Player can no longer pickup items (I have screwed up something ages ago but I forgot where in the code..)
- The shadow of the player moves slowly in low frames per second

To do
- Skin customization
- Save and load system
- Floating bricks
- Editor Wand (For rotating and scaling bricks)
- Fixing the screenshot system

Download > Source Code

does T3D have real time lighting? damn, thats pretty cool. I might take a look at this

man imagine if retail BL was ported over to T3D that would be so fuggin awesome

does T3D have real time lighting? damn, thats pretty cool. I might take a look at this

Thanks man!

man imagine if retail BL was ported over to T3D that would be so fuggin awesome

The reason why it never happened has to do with rebuilding the entire game. A lot of functions in T3D are different. Something that really bothers me is that they were slowly removing the .dif feature in T3D 1.2. You can still place .difs into the game in version 1.2, but the faces of the interior are glitched. So far what I heard from Jeff (one of creators) is that they will implant a similar Torque Constructor software into the engine during the 4.0 release.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 07:49:06 AM by Antares »

If only Blockland had a more dedicated team behind it, we probably could have gotten a T3D port after some time

And blockland Open Source begins.

And blockland Open Source begins.
may the lord and his son have mercy on our souls

If only Blockland had a more dedicated team behind it, we probably could have gotten a T3D port after some time
I think that it had to do with the customized engine of Blockland. Everything would have to be remade in Torque 3D from zero. I hope that Badspot does continue with making games in the future on T3D.

I thought Torque 3D died long ago, had no idea it was still being worked on.

another elder i see, the old ones return before the end times
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:46:02 AM by Nigel The Protagonist »

It has always been kinda active.