why is blockland not on sale?

Author Topic: why is blockland not on sale?  (Read 4575 times)

thanks mega bear :)
i have never hosted a merp server in my life so i have no idea what your talking about - you must have me confused with someone else
The building controls are fine. Blockland's brick placement system has what they call a 'learning curve' it take a while to adjust to the building controls but once you do it's actually very easy. The fact that those people quit just shows they have no patience when it comes to learning game controls - oh by the way practically all of blockland controls are remappable so you can change them if you want.

You keep comparing Blockland to other games, it is not. Obviously Blockland isn't as popular as it once was - maybe if there were some actual advertisement for it the game would pick back up again. Most people don't even know the game exists because it's not advertised anywhere. I bet a single TV commercial with a cool video would be all it takes to get some new players
IIRC, someone made a mod that fixes building controls while orbiting

I don't recall if there's one that allows you to use weapons/fire projectiles while orbiting so that you can place the ghost brick, however
this may be a 15 year old game but that doesn't excuse it not having quality of life improvements to controls.

Game should have had a more modernized approach for controls and honestly the stuffty controls is scaring people away.

I've tried to get a bunch of people into blockland and they keep telling me the same stuff, the controls are garbage.

I of course was blind to this criticism because I've been playing blockland for so long I forgot the controls were trash. Then I played brickadia and I realized they were right.
the biggest issue imo since the very beginning was the god awful building; why isn't there a dedicated build only mode that actually works like every other lego/brick builder app? it'd make building terrain a little more bearable and I can actually get work done without finagling with twenty loving binds.
gosh if you hate the game so much why did you play for all these years? the way i see it the entire thread is pointless if you're just here to sit and complain about it. You're upset that blockland doesn't have more players...you're upset with the building controls....from the title of the thread you're also upset that it's not on sale...it all just seems a little ridiculous considering the amount of time you have spent playing the game. I understand being upset about the game not being near as popular as it once was but damn. Why not go and play brickadia instead if that is what you prefer? Complaining here will do no good, although I guess it's good to vent every once in a while

you are now manually pissing

----------------[!]COGNITOHAZARD[!]-------------------------

IIRC, someone made a mod that fixes building controls while orbiting

I don't recall if there's one that allows you to use weapons/fire projectiles while orbiting so that you can place the ghost brick, however

Should have been defaulted.

Been playing this game since 2007 and I have never heard of it.

And if I haven't heard of it, the average steam user never heard of it either.

This is the problem when introducing a game to new people and all the decent modern building controls are add-ons instead of put in by default

thus making the default game seem shallow
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:18:56 AM by King Tøny »

Every building game has everything you need by default. Optimizing the default build is important for games like these to ensure new players have everything they need without needing to download extra stuff.

You think minecraft would be as popular as it is now if it didn't have its built in default survival mechanics and it was just a normal sandbox with all the good stuff missing?

Blockland should have went on sale though

Blockland should have went on sale though
I agree, we need some new players to play with. I have over 1,498 hours in blockland on steam and that was accomplished with just loving 10 bucks. If the game goes on sale for even 8 bucks people would consider buying it.

Also I agree with you Tony on the building controls. Brickadia has way better controls, but the only downside of building in Brickadia, is that there's almost no one online to look at your build.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:37:50 PM by Tinsel »

Badspot has enough money to last him for the rest of his life, I think he told me something like 2 million dollars overall and a million in the bank just collecting interest. It's very clear that he doesn't really give a stuff about the game and is just hoping that it will completely die once it fades into obscurity.

but the only downside of building in Brickadia, is that there's almost no one online to look at your build.

That's the same downside with blockland on top of stuffty building controls.

Although to be fair brickadia is in beta but they should advertise the game some more because even blockland in beta was being advertised on websites.

That's the same downside with blockland on top of stuffty building controls.

Although to be fair brickadia is in beta but they should advertise the game some more because even blockland in beta was being advertised on websites.

It was also a different time, indie games have far more competition now and if they aren't showing the game at it's absolute best it could really screw them over in the long run if they're not careful.

well I told brickadia devs they should really be advertising more