Author Topic: Body looting mechanic  (Read 1385 times)

(jesus this is the 3rd despair syndrome topic ive made)

Can somebody make the Despair Fever/syndrome body looting mechanic into an addon?
i think it will be a very flexible addon to replace SMMBodies' looting mechanic as it is the only one (that i can find) available.

What does SMM bodies not do? From what ive seen Despair Syndrome's looting mechanic tailors specifically for the gamemode, and ties with the corpse system. Are you wanting the Looting system without the corpse system? Is this a need or a preference?

the corpse system and the looting system, like how the bodies stay, you can move them, and they are lootable. also, also, this is a need. also smmbodies are really, really impractical. not to mention they are glitchy and crash me
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:30:12 PM by softwarev2 »

Can't you loot SMM bodies by holding them and pressing jet?

Can't you loot SMM bodies by holding them and pressing jet?

pretty sure you could just right click a corpse on the ground to do it. It's been a long time since I've used SMM so correct me if I'm wrong

the corpse system and the looting system, like how the bodies stay, you can move them, and they are lootable. also, also, this is a need. also smm bodies are really, really impractical. not to mention they are glitchy and crash me
SMM bodies should work for this, I coulda swore you were able to double click to pick up the bodies and right click to loot them. I do remember getting some sort of console error when using it/crashing my server back in the day for some reason maybe a conflicting add-on or something. I'll try to reproduce the error and see about a fix

pretty sure you could just right click a corpse on the ground to do it. It's been a long time since I've used SMM so correct me if I'm wrong
SMM bodies should work for this, I coulda swore you were able to double click to pick up the bodies and right click to loot them. I do remember getting some sort of console error when using it/crashing my server back in the day for some reason maybe a conflicting add-on or something. I'll try to reproduce the error and see about a fix
well, yes you can just right click to loot bodies and go about your merry way, what i *forgot* to mention in that statement was that there's no UI for it. You know how despair syndrome/fever/ has a UI when looting a body? how you can move around and select the items you want? that's that i was *forgetting* to say in that statement.

Well, someone will have to rip it out. As I said before, most components of this game mode tailor particularity to this game-mode, and after a couple attempts I found it is much harder to separate than I thought. With further persistence I may be able to do it, but I have no interest in doing so. So, good luck to whoever does it, and congratulations.