"Barber mod"

Author Topic: "Barber mod"  (Read 2253 times)

Easily. Looking at the mod, it looks like you just have to create an image datablock with the name Barber_Hair_NAME_COLOR.

man i forgot this existed, thought at first you were referring to the one i wrote for prison break

Easily. Looking at the mod, it looks like you just have to create an image datablock with the name Barber_Hair_NAME_COLOR.

man i forgot this existed, thought at first you were referring to the one i wrote for prison break

alright thanks lads

Im assuming Quartz just replaced the textures for each color, making each one it's own model eating datablocks.
If any serious effort is planned in being put into this, I still have the original models and can set them up so they work better for recoloring.

*sweats in recolorable hats*

Im assuming Quartz just replaced the textures for each color, making each one it's own model eating datablocks.
If any serious effort is planned in being put into this, I still have the original models and can set them up so they work better for recoloring.

first off, thats a waste of datablocks. second, that would be awesome

1) its not a waste of datablocks. its the only way to do it without modifying the base player model or using bots to do hats (which can result in the hat being visible in first person). frankly there isnt any reason to "save datablocks", esp if they all reference the same model file (thus only need the file to be downloaded once). you shouldnt be hitting the datablock limit even with lots of hats.

2) @mr nobody im fairly sure he just replaced the textures used on the model with transparent ones, then did some colorshifting. you should check the mod before doing the work yourself.

Yeah okay, you're right. They did replace the textures with a blank texture and recolor it via code. I honestly thought that was not possible without the base model and judging by how other users complained about 'datablock usage', thought separate texture swaps was the reason.

Quartz made it as optimally as possible. (at least to my knowledge)

And now that Im looking at it, you could easily add more hats to it. As long as you can open DTS files to replace the textures to be blank.
If need be, I can re-export all my hair hats without textures for this.

Quartz made it as optimally as possible. (at least to my knowledge)
Unless you made the hair a bot and mounted it to the player's head. It'd take fewer datablocks and you could change your hair color to any color at all with the avatar GUI.
using bots to do hats (which can result in the hat being visible in first person)
Yeah but you're not going to see a bot covering the top of your head.

Unless you made the hair a bot and mounted it to the player's head. It'd take fewer datablocks and you could change your hair color to any color at all with the avatar GUI.Yeah but you're not going to see a bot covering the top of your head.
the downside to this that i noticed and conan mentioned is that visibility in 1st person is a problem when having more than one bot mounted to your player. combining recolorable hats with something like conan's melee pack would probably cause an issue. most likely your pitch will cause the hat to phase in and out of fp view

its such a big compatibility problem that it's not actually worth making in the first place because it's impossible to know how many other add-ons will be utilizing bot mounting in the same way
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:45:27 PM by PhantOS »

Yeah but you're not going to see a bot covering the top of your head.
you absolutely will cause the eye point is in the middle of the head and a lot of hats put stuff on the face, or have models that clip thru the middle of the head. if you're in first person looking forward it'll absolutely be in the way, even more so if you look slightly down (as the player model rotates down, but the eye doesnt rotate with it, the back of the hair now is visible in first person from the position of the eye looking slightly down)

bump to keep this topic alive