half-life alyx (it's out and it's pretty great)

Author Topic: half-life alyx (it's out and it's pretty great)  (Read 3086 times)

game good. I liked it when i put it in front of my eyes and played it :)

only 3 hours in though and i stopped cus the game crashed, but i haven't heard anyone else complaining about crashes so i guess i just got unlucky

i had one time where i somehow glitched my hand into a chain door, and i lost functionality of my left hand. had to reload pretty far back cause when i reloaded the most recent save it was still glitched and the door disappeared altogether lol

i had one time where i somehow glitched my hand into a chain door, and i lost functionality of my left hand. had to reload pretty far back cause when i reloaded the most recent save it was still glitched and the door disappeared altogether lol
I’ve also had a “left hand becomes vaporize and you must go back to a previous save to regain it” syndrome a couple times during my gameplay so yea things are a bit jank right now
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 12:49:23 AM by Mr Queeba »

in my case it was my left hand grabbed a headcrab which clipped through the floor. also, if you grab a physics object and it clips slightly through something it has a red silhouette meaning you can't drop it until the object no longer clips through anything. i just so happened to be holding onto the poison headcrab (heaviest headcrab in the game that you can only carry with two hands) and the headcrab fell into an endless void along with my left arm.

also, if you grab a physics object and it clips slightly through something it has a red silhouette meaning you can't drop it until the object no longer clips through anything.
oh that's why that entire door was glowing red lol

The left hand thing happened to me as well on my first day, but I haven't seen it since. Mine wasn't from holding anything, all I had to do was walk through a door and my left hand disappeared. Hopefully they fix common occurrences of it.

So far I'm loving the game, everything looks and feels amazing. I got my Index just before it came out, so the improved visuals are great. So many moments make you feel like you're actually inside a movie.

alyx has a stroke simulator 2020

beat the game fully upgrading everything but the shotgun, not because it's bad, but because:
A. the gun is pretty damn good as is, all i'd want is a range upgrade and
B. I GOT ABOUT 40 SHOTGUN SHELLS GRAND TOTAL. WHY DO YOU HATE THE SHOTGUN VALVE

yeah i really hated how stingy shotgun ammo was

also what's with valves obsession with making enemies complete bullet sponges? it's annoying trying to kill the heavy dudes when it takes a full clip to the head for them to die. valve should have made headshots take like 2 hits to kill but make the higher difficulties make the enemies more versatile. would have been way more fun to fight
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:07:00 AM by Trogtor »

This game seems fun, I need to upgrade my PC before I even bother with VR though. :(

B. I GOT ABOUT 40 SHOTGUN SHELLS GRAND TOTAL. WHY DO YOU HATE THE SHOTGUN VALVE
yeah i really hated how stingy shotgun ammo was
if you use the shotgun more instead of conserving ammo the game will "know" you don't have ammo and spawn more for you

if you use the shotgun more instead of conserving ammo the game will "know" you don't have ammo and spawn more for you
Re-using systems from Left 4 Dead i see

Cleverly done, Valve