2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012

Author Topic: 2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012  (Read 57511 times)

So does the game crash for anyone else?

Neither version has crashed for me.

We posted a temporary fix here, there's also research to what causes the crash that may help Badspot: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325774.msg10032036#msg10032036

r2009
Removed "-1" event on Speedkart_Lighthouse
Removed ultra shortcut on Speedkart_Descent
THERE ARE THOSE WHO SAID IT WOULD NEVER BE DONE

say you moved from one state to another one, and then once youre settled in, you boot up blockland to play with some of your pals, and the key cant authenticate because its a new ip. would there be a way to  have the key be authenticated through that ip?

my ip changes often this is cringe
are you ever gonna fix gunImage's item being bowItem and make the jeep's logitudinalForce being longitudinalForce instead of logitudinalForce (engine typo)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:55:08 PM by maxymax13 »

So does the game crash for anyone else?
Yes.

So.. does anybody have any idea why both versions of my blockland are failing consistently at this point in console.log ??

Code: [Select]
Video Init:
   Accelerated OpenGL display device detected.
Activating the OpenGL display device...

Topic: blockland unresponsive on startup

Topic: Problems running the Steam Version

Hope this helps:

EDIT:
A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND
We found a way to make the game work by disabling CFG for the exe. NOTE: CFG is an important security protection and shouldn't be disabled, but since the recent exploit has been patched, you should be safe to temporarily disable it.

Open Blockland.exe in a hex editor (I use HxD) and find these two bytes:

Change "C1" to "81" and save. The game should work now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:24:18 AM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

Thank you for the swift update Badspot!

Let's all hope nothing like this ever happens again.

Im getting this popup on launch.

Is this the same problem others are having?

Im getting this popup on launch.

Is this the same problem others are having?
I had this problem. Resolved it by removing the 'Read-Only' status to Blockland.exe

I'm getting one about SteamUserStats instead of SteamUtils, I dont really wanna make the exe non-read only because then blockland loader will break

I'm getting one about SteamUserStats instead of SteamUtils, I dont really wanna make the exe non-read only because then blockland loader will break
Blockland loader has to be remade for the current version anyways. If you don't allow the exe to update then you're missing the entire point of this patch because you're not getting it.

Make Blockland.exe writable.

Badspot

• Administrator

You are using the old Blockland.exe with the new version of steam_api.dll

There are RCE exploits in the wild and you're sitting there sabotaging the updater. 

where's my GOD DAMN HAT UPDATE