why would we evolve

Author Topic: why would we evolve  (Read 3189 times)

What is our defense against a loving bear?
me and my loving bare hands

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:37:19 AM by Goth77 »

Evolution doesn't think long-term. It thinks generation-to-generation and no farther than that; in fact I'd go as far to say as it does absolutely no thinking whatsoever.

Evolution only favors traits that do not inhibit reproduction. Everything else is incidental. There is no other driving force.

Strength is not necessarily favorable in the eyes of natural selection. If our biggest asset is our intellect, then it's more likely that physically weaker specimens will produce physically weak children without them being murdered by falling rocks and huge hulking bara tigers. Because what's stopping a weak forgeter from making babies? The answer is nothing. There you go: strength is no longer naturally selected, because it's not necessary for survival.

It is thus: Offspring is created. Offspring creates offspring. Occasionally offspring mutates, which often kills it. Sometimes offspring mutates in a way that makes it better at not loving dying. It creates offspring. Does the helpful mutation get passed down? Maybe. If it does, that helpful allele will probably thrive in the gene pool and out-compete previous 'strains' of specimen.

Evolution only favors traits that do not inhibit reproduction. Everything else is incidental. There is no other driving force.

Yeah, well, I’m already gay, so your point is moot anyway. I’d still be shooting blanks.

Also just because evolution favors traits conducive to successfully passing one’s genes doesn’t rule out aberrations. I’m basically one of those dead end mutations that just sits around being useless; I’m not shamed of it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:03:49 PM by Canis »

Yeah, well, I’m already gay, so your point is moot anyway. I’d still be shooting blanks.

Also just because evolution favors traits conducive to successfully passing one’s genes doesn’t rule out aberrations. I’m basically one of those dead end mutations that just sits around being useless; I’m not shamed of it.
you might be pleased to know homoloveuality can play a major role in kin selection and inclusive fitness, so you're not actually useless from an evolutionary perspective

dont care atheists go read the science book #christian

do you think there’s a difference between munkey brains and ours (((human))) brain brains?

i just dont understand why we would evolve into such loving useless creatures. Humans are loving weak. We would be at the bottom of the food chain if it wasn't for tools. So why would pretty strong animals evolve into weak animals? I thought you evolve better traits to adapt. What is our defense against a loving bear? We can punch but that will do nothing. I just do not understand.
at least they didn't evolve into weird crying fox creatures that are always in pain.

do you think there’s a difference between munkey brains and ours (((human))) brain brains?
pretty sure monkeys are the next closest creature to overthrow us someday

if you did could i have love w/ you
woah man, the feelings gotta be mutual.