tlou2 scores are in

Author Topic: tlou2 scores are in  (Read 6546 times)

Oh so you picked the stuff ending. Don't know why people get attached to the blue haired parasite but I guess they see themselves in the insufferable narcissist.

the last of us 2 fans be like damn this story is lit

No i saved her and sacrified the town forgetboy
see when i played detroit become human the first thing i did on hank's Self Delete episode was walk out the door. if you made me choose between letting a cute girl protagonist live and some forgetboy i'd take the ending where they both die. there's only so much attachment one can get to a skinned mesh of polygons
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:46:42 PM by PhantOS »

I don't understand how?

I haven't completed the game yet but so far I've really enjoyed it along with the narrative.

What the forget you don't understand how?

They had to write joel as an incompetent handicap with no self awareness for him to get jumped like that

A bunch of armed strangers circle Joel and the only thing he says is "how you know my name"

If this was tlou1 Joel would have taken down 3 people if he suspected they were going to kill him. He wouldn't have loving sat there asking how they knew his name.

This alone tells you the story is stuff

They had to completely rewrite joel's character for him to die like that in the most handicapped way possible.

I understand he had to die, I get it. Sometimes it's good story telling to kill off main characters.

But they had to literally loving nerf his character for him to die like that.

This is the same man that fell down 2 stories, got impaled by rebar and lived.

And this is also the same man that slaughtered an entire hospital full of heavily armed mercenaries by himself.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:28:20 PM by King Tøny »

I'm siding with Tony on this, i had a feeling they were gonna kill Joel off in this game, but the way they did it was so bogus, Tess from the first game had a better send off than Joel did

Then they just [let his brother Tommy go, as if he wouldn't be back for revenge], and they [also let Ellie go], now, i don't know the whole story of the game yet, but [if these people knew who Joel was, then they would have to have also known Ellie, the very girl that is immune to the disease that Joel took back from the Fireflies before they could operate on her to possibly find a cure for the disease]

[And apparently you never even get that revenge by the end of the game, which just makes Joel's death, and the entire point of the story, completely pointless]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:46:48 PM by Masterlegodude »

Everyone around me is saying this game is amazing and fantastic, meanwhile I'm sitting here bored stiff of the gameplay and sort of mundane revenge story. They made Joel really dumb for some reason?
Joel the same man who runs a guy over because he knew that guy was planning on ambushing him. Gets ambushed himself in tlou2 in the most obvious way possible
This is exactly the problem I have, and I feel almost exactly the same. In TLOU 1 Joel almost IMMEDIATELY knew he and Ellie were about to be ambushed by the guy in the road. But he completely drops his guard around Abby... Why?

EDIT:
I'm siding with Tony on this, i had a feeling they were gonna kill Joel off in this game, but the way they did it was so bogus, Tess from the first game had a better send off than Joel did
This, I wouldn't have had a problem if he actually got a meaningful death that made some damn sense.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:21:52 PM by bloody jumper »

People speculate that being around a community for so long made Joel soft and forgot how he used to be

I dunno if i fully believe that

he was a hardened survivalist for 25 years and lived by doctrine of not trusting anyone, 5 years in a relatively safe community is not enough to change someone that much, especially a man in their 50's. even so, it's one thing to become soft, another to become recklessly trusting and stupid. hack writing

He specifically said to Ellie in TLOU1 to not give too much information about yourself.

TLOU2 they casually throw his name around complete strangers.

And then the ending is just bad.

They don't even give you a choice either.

You're forced into this terrible ending whether you like it or not.

And trust me, it doesn't make sense either especially when Ellie had to kill hundreds of people and lose several friends just to get to Abby

It was rail roaded so hard it was embarrassing. Every second of the golfing scene involved someone doing something nonsensical and handicapped so that the epiczors revenge plot could be forced, just so we could have "WHAT IF WE'RE THE MONSTERS?" stapled on at the end. Slap in the face

Joel then lived in a very large community for what, like 4-5 years or so? He no longer had to use such primal tactics in order to survive as often as he did back in Boston as an illegal smuggler. He grew old and soft in Jackson.

Also I really don't see any negativity in the story. I really enjoy jumping between Ellie, past Ellie, and Abby. In the beginning I really hated Abby and her friends but ironically I grew to like them once I saw her side of the story.

Tlou2 sucks cause tlou didn't need a sequel.

Like, always, people can't just let a good story go.