How do you relieve stress?

Author Topic: How do you relieve stress?  (Read 4144 times)

oo damn, that sucks
this is surreal
small brain move: playing the dnd campaign your friend made with his own blood, sweat and tears

big brain move: LOLOLOLOLOLOL fap mage
Thank you guys, it was a major blow to my ego to have all my hard work of creating a world with as much freedom as possible, destroyed by two selfish players, and then to immediately have that followed up with a scalie who wanted their fursona to be the protagonist of the game. On the bright side, I'm using the free time I've had in the interim between classes stopping and starting again to develop my world more and hopefully create a better experience for future players, if and when I decide to run this again. I've had a bunch of people tell me how unique and cool my concept was, and it really warmed my heart.

punch something soft or just lay in bed and cry, maybe drawing too

I've always wanted to write a campaign, even if I wouldn't host it.
I used to write, a lot. Make massive lists of ideas and story premises and beginnings but especially now I don't want to write or share anything, I used to try and get my stuff published in my high schools literary art magazine and managed to get a period piece in full, unedited too which was shocking.

I've always wanted to write a campaign, even if I wouldn't host it.
I used to write, a lot. Make massive lists of ideas and story premises and beginnings but especially now I don't want to write or share anything, I used to try and get my stuff published in my high schools literary art magazine and managed to get a period piece in full, unedited too which was shocking.
What I mostly take solace in when I'm writing is that no one is going to see what I'm making besides the people that I allow to see it. The only people I share my work with are people that 1. I trust implicitly and 2. Will give their honest opinions on my writing. I started pretty small when It came to D&D stuff, jumping from 2 sentence backstories, to 4, to a paragraph, and so on. Take your time, and you just might come up with something you actually WANT to share with others. At least that's how it worked with me.

I do d&d writing too, but never that much, as I fear what happened to you would happen to me, jumper. however, I always like, write down the general idea of what I want, but let the players go ham, that way I can't get disappointed when they railroad their way into hell and back.

actually had a really cool first time DMing during the beginning of quarantine, turns out my players liked my campaign a bunch, now they want me to DM another. I was doing a horror based one that I had planned for quite a bit. it was relatively short but i'd love to expand on it.

I just blast loud music from my computer to annoy my neighbors

beating my wife
Oh that explains screaming I been hearing..

if it makes you feel any better the 2nd campaign i joined was full of kobold twitter users who harassed me into loving off for not being uwu wholesome enough, and the last one i joined died on arrival because half of the players just stopped and acted like them not continuing was funny

hmm actually i've been having an idea for a ttrpg (with emphasis on the g -- it would include minigames and stuff) forum game

dunno if i should dew it tho, it's not exactly like forum game is good at being serious recently (tic tac toe be like)

continue the campaign starfish
i'm talking about the clay one that used painted portraits of the player's faces not your stinky cyberpunk one (however we got farther lol we killed a boatload of space russians and got a mounted gun in an armored van ha ha plblblblbtbtbtlbltblt (that is me sticking out my tongue at you!) )

i'm sorry that was rude i really wanna continue the cyber punk one it's really cool but no one else other than u and me want to play it :(

I do d&d writing too, but never that much, as I fear what happened to you would happen to me, jumper. however, I always like, write down the general idea of what I want, but let the players go ham, that way I can't get disappointed when they railroad their way into hell and back.

actually had a really cool first time DMing during the beginning of quarantine, turns out my players liked my campaign a bunch, now they want me to DM another. I was doing a horror based one that I had planned for quite a bit. it was relatively short but i'd love to expand on it.
That was sort of how I got my first campaign idea going, It began as a really rough idea of a plot that I ran for a group of 4, they said they liked it, but I could tell that my inexperience as a DM really marred their fun. The story was just something I thought was interesting, and I believed I could sort of 'wing it' from there. However shortly into the session I realized that style of DMing is really solely for well-versed Masters. I had the maps that I needed, the NPC's, but not a solid overarching plot that I could latch on to in case I got lost. I just had the hook, and nothing else. That and I ended the session with a semi-long exposition dump, that I'm sure bored them a bit. Now after a few years, I got a sudden idea that could tie all of it together into a solid cohesive unit, a world that could be as interesting as it was bleak, and I went on from there. Creating the synopsis, the gods, the rough idea of the beginning, middle, and end. And the first town as a sort of 'demo' for the first session.

Sadly, my first and second tries of running that campaign didn't turn out well. I ignored a lot of red flags out of over-eagerness for my idea. I had gotten a lot of praise for my concepts and it made me a bit too bold in attempting to execute a session to try out my 'demo'. If there's one or two tips I can give you to avoid disaster sessions, LISTEN TO YOUR GUT, if what you're looking at is something you THINK is a red flag, (whether it be one player or multiple) it is a red flag. And it should be dealt with immediately. If you're going to host online with strangers, vet them thoroughly, so you don't get the dreaded ninja-scalie. And lastly, don't over-plan your sessions, people can be chaotic, but I'm sure you already know that since you've hosted already in the past. Plan out the plots for your quests, hooks, characters, and checks, but don't write it out like a play, the PC's are going to want to do some crazy stuff.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:57:13 AM by bloody jumper »

that was loving you?! i gonna pit maneuver your ass next time, on sight
man this man is non stop